cluster going crazy..

Pudge49902

Reaction score
so idk if this has happened to anyone but....im driving and lets say im going down a hill or a small incline and i brake my cluster lights turn on (open door lights, battery light, basically all the lights that turn on when key is in the II position)....idk what it could b so.....any ideas? :peace:

Bax

Reaction score
Alternator.

Don't get too detailed now... :ugh:

Mine did that when my alternator went out, but at low speeds and when stopped it intermittently did it. It had nothing to do with when I applied the brakes.

Check the voltage of your battery.

Bax

Reaction score
~12 with the car off, ~14 with the car running (if the alternator is in working condition)

Crank your car, and if your battery voltage is below ~14 and is continuously going down, it's your alternator. that's exactly what mine did. it was dropping about 10 millivolts a second.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
My lights went off like a Christmas tree when the ignition switch went bad. Of course it also would turn off on me, but I assume that isn't the case here. Like said sounds like the alternator is on it's way out or the battery itself is the one not holding it's charge. You can get them both tested your local commercial auto parts store and usually they will test them for free.

Back