code help

finch13

Reaction score
the first code can be easily caused by not tightening the gas cap 3 clicks after filling up.

The second should be fixed by cleaning the egr ports and valve.

HillACCORD

Reaction score
i know, but i need help on how to clean the ports...any descriptive DIY for this that anyone knows about?

HillACCORD

Reaction score
and what if it isnt the 3 clicks with the gas cap?...are there any other possible reasons why that code could be coming up

slaiguy

Reaction score
i have 2 codes of P1457, and the gas cap thing didnt work. i changed both spark plugs and that didnt do it either.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I think you need to search some more on the EVAP canister code..

I have had the same on since I bought my car, but haven't bothered to fix it. There is no DIY that I know of, but it shouldn't be hard as long as you know the location of the unit.

It could be either the charcoal canister is filled up (emissions system), or there is uneven vacuum pressure in either of the 4 valves in the EVAP/emissions system. Please refer to your Haynes manual for more information, that is my suggestion. I need to figure out my own problem sometime, but it has not cost me mileage, problems with inspection (OK has no inspections :D), or anything of that nature so I just have never bothered with it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Werd...evap code going on 2yrs here. Haven't bothered to fix it yet, just gotta clear the code out, take it for e-check, should be good to go.

Odds are, its either a leak near the charcoal canister, a bad valve, broken hose, etc. The problem is trying to get to all of that with out breaking anything else. It's all tucked up against the fuel tank.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's actually easy to replace... i DIY'd mine many years ago lol... it's basically a few bolts to remove the charcoal canister and replace the valve.... easy job.. 30 mins prob

HillACCORD

Reaction score
so it might not be as simple as replacing my gas cap...i might have to actually take it to a shop and have them find out what is wrong

Back