Codes from my check engine

islandaccord

Reaction score
Whats good my brothah's....lol i finally went to auto zone and got tha codes but i though they would do all the work i ended up renting out the tool for the diagnostic test, well to make a long story short i rented the tool and did all the work......lol but here are the codes that i found

code #1
P0420
Catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank 1)
Explanation:
The oxygen sensors monitor the catalytic converters ability to store oxygen

Code #2
P0401
Insufficient flow in the exhaust gas recirculation system
Explanation:
The ECM has detected too little flow on the EGR system

these are the only codes that were found so we erased them and now my check engine light is off.............. FOR NOW...LOL so im hoping that its just the o2 sensor or something minor so im going to get a pre-smog to see if it will pass and if not then im hoping they could tell the problem along with any of yall :) so yeah if any of yah has had or have this problem let me know, thanks bro hams :)

Travis aka ISLANDACCORD

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
i got a P1259 aka MANUFACTURER CONTROLLED FUEL AND AIR METERING last week...i finally did the diagnostic test today..all i did was a 5w20 synthetic oil change[finally went for synt since it 100k now] and reset the CEL to see if the same code will popup again but im hopein it wont popup any codes at all.

Last edited:

Hondastylez

Reaction score
yup. its the cat. I got the same code right now...But a new cat is crazy expensive...Unless you get aftermarket from ebay or something. Not sure how good they are, They do offer good warranty though.

as for the EGR, all you gotta do is get it clean. I had both codes as well before..Took care of the EGR but the cat issue its still there.

I think i'm gonna try one of those cats from ebay unless the local muffler shop can fix it for cheap as well.

Misterd0505

Reaction score
cats get clogged though, especially if the egr valve is faulty... unbolt the cat and bang it on the ground a little bit AFTER you fix the egr (which you can usually just spray with carb cleaner and use a new gasket). it doesn't cost anything to do that, and if it doesn't work THEN u get a new cat.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
cats get clogged though, especially if the egr valve is faulty... unbolt the cat and bang it on the ground a little bit AFTER you fix the egr (which you can usually just spray with carb cleaner and use a new gasket). it doesn't cost anything to do that, and if it doesn't work THEN u get a new cat.

I will try that. I originally wanted to do that but one of the bolts on the cat was sooo rusted that I couldn't get it off. I didn't have a lift so it was really uncomfortable trying to remove the cat laying on the ground under the car

Back