Codes from my check engine

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just get one sensor and clean the EGR or take the easy way out and see if seafoam will do the job on the EGR.

islandaccord

Reaction score
BlkCurrantkord:
Aight ill clean tha EGR and replace tha sensor b4 tha CAT then ill see what happeneds, thanks

Ryans:
So what did u do or are u trying to find out what to replace on ur accord also?

Misterd0505

Reaction score
bank 1 doesn't mean sensor.. it just means head.. on a 4 cylinder there's only one head, so a code for a cat OR an O2 sensor will say bank 1, whereas a 6 or 8 cylinder could say bank 1/bank 2... bank 1 sensor 1 or sensor 2 is for the sensor before (1) or after (2) cat.. if it just says bank 1, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the sensor.. i've always seen P0420 as a code for the cat

Raymond

Reaction score
lol, LeeAnn's CEL came on last week.. took it to AutoZone today and they checked it. Said it was from one of the O2 sensors. They told us to try cleaning it, and if it stayed on, to have it replaced. Since it's nothing major it probably won't get fixed for a while LOL

01JDMACCORD

Reaction score
wellllllllllllll first of all you got to understand the car to understand the code. what im saying is what mods do you have on the car... and what mods you have on the car effect the outcome of your cars performance. now remember what kind of diagnostics system we are dealing with here.. its not like a obd1 or a obd0 where we can do multiple mods and almost no worries. but seeing is how we have this computer which is like a retail store anal type of a boss, we have to realize that when we do modifications to our vehicles our computer will notice such a thing but it may not be right away and it may happen after a few start-ups. also islandboi if your bone stock you might want to take ur cat off and get a bottle of air-intake cleaner and not brake cleaner but just air-intake cleaner(preferably ""crc manufacturer"") alone and spray the heck out of the insides... but if ur running a hi-flow cat then just let me know i can find you a alternate way. also if you ever have codes pop up just go to your local autoparts store and pickup a haynes manual which has all the codes and ways to find out what they mean step by step. and as far as the egr you also can spray the air-intake cleaner inside and will clean and please please please please do not use seafoam as it should be your last resort unless you have alot of money to replace sensors and engines and stuff. hehe oh and one last thing if you ever need to restart your ecu to clear codes out (works on 98-02 accords 4cyl) 1st: open up the passenger side door panel for your fuses and take out the one that says clock/backup fuse for 5 seconds, 2nd reinstall the fuse and start up your car and give a few minutes for it you realize everything. and your done.

Last edited:

fmanalopr

Reaction score
I'm stilled puzzled both my o2 sensors are brand new so it should be my cat then. Im thinking of striping all the insides of my cat clean. What ya'll think?

Back