coilover question

madmech_79

Reaction score
I planning a mild drop in a few weeks. I've read about the coil overs on here and just curious if they can be adjusted to stock height or is it an instant 1.5 with adjust ability after that? This is a dd and the roads are horrid especially in the spring so it would be nice to get stock ride height when needed. I searched for a while couldn't really find the answer.
Also any suggestions on what kit to use, just looking for a good stance and decent ride. Thanks

tnguyen600

Reaction score
You can bring it pretty close back to stock height, but I doubt you can get it right on. Honestly though, once you lower it, you'll like it and keep it it that way. To accommodate the poor roads, you'll raise it some, but I doubt you'll want to go back to stock height. If you really think about it...our cars are pretty fcukin high out the factory lol it makes me laugh when I see people with nice cars and a huge wheel gap

Ric Rock

Reaction score
You can bring it pretty close back to stock height, but I doubt you can get it right on. Honestly though, once you lower it, you'll like it and keep it it that way. To accommodate the poor roads, you'll raise it some, but I doubt you'll want to go back to stock height. If you really think about it...our cars are pretty fcukin high out the factory lol it makes me laugh when I see people with nice cars and a huge wheel gap

+1 :147703263745b138a51

True dat bro...forealz tho once you lower that bish you wont be thinking of going back to stock.

madmech_79

Reaction score
I agree with you there, if I leave it low Id have to park it in the winter and get a beater. Do you get a better ride with the coils or springs?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my friends got a house up in maine. he drove his lowered mk4 jetta up there for a little over this past winter break. i think youll be fine, especially if he could do it, haha.

lwlba

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure my ksports were able to bring me up higher than stock height :lawl:

yes, i tried.

Back