Coilovers - decisions

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't need proof - it still doesn't make sense why it would effect one type and not the rest considering we all share the same stock suspension.

accordj30guy

Reaction score
Ok, well it really doesn't matter anyway. I was simply trying to help this guy in his decision for what coilovers to choose. Im sure you will be able to find differences between the sedan and coupe set up - just like how you can put a bigger offset rim on the coupe compared to the sedan. But again - its a mute point. Best of luck in your decision.

hilodaze

Reaction score
accordj30guy said:
Take it from someone who has had both suspension set ups the Omni power and the Tein SS coilovers. I first went with the Omni power due to the price and good reviews, however after putting them on I started hearing clucking in the rear of my 6th gen accord coupe. I contacted Omni and they finally admitted it was due to a defect in their product. Bascially what was happening is that the shock collar was too wide and was hitting on the sway bar end linkage. I wasn't too happy about this but they said they were working on a fix and would get me out the fix when it was completed - about 3-4 months. I actually loved the suspension - however the suspension was way way way too stiff for my blood. I was driving in the city and hit a tiny pot hole and if felt like my car was going to fall apart. Also when I was driving down the highway around my town I could feel all of the imperfections in the road and if you hit a bump in the highway ....forget about it - it feels like your riding a rollercoaster. But with stiffness comes performance - so its up to what you are looking for. I ended up switching to the Tein SS coilovers for 900 shipped to my door and Omni power re-imbursed me back the money I spent. I have had the Teins for about 6 months now - and the suspension is very quiet - just like stock and I can adjust the dampering to my liking - something I couldn't get from the Omni's. I don't regret making the switch.

By the way - the defect in the Omni coilovers are only for the 6th gen accord COUPE - not the sedan.

i HOPE THIS HELPS YA.

did you have the street(softer) or sport(harder) omnipower set up?

jccg5

Reaction score
tein super street damper all the way !!!!!!!

hilodaze

Reaction score
jccg5 said:
tein super street damper all the way !!!!!!!

im just concerned with the clunking noise. cause i had ss-p before and they had a clunking noise. especially in the rear.

Back