Coilovers for under $300

nyknick1015

Reaction score
im sorry, but those look horrible. and for $300 i would never buy them. i read in one of the first few posts from the first link that they ride like vmaxx coils....which are also garbage.

you get what you pay for.

well before you go bashing vmaxx i've learned that area, weather and how you use your coils are a definite factor in why they suck... i read reviews of where people said they loved them compared to where they hate them... Alot of good reviews came from socal, Florida, some texas and other southern areas... those of us who live up north know that roads suck because salt beats up the roads really bad in the winter with plowing. and i can gaurentee that those who slammed their cars lived in ****ty areas as bad as how NYC roads are

says it all

lol def does but when has anything made in the usa ever been quality products??

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
to be honest i think most of us on this forum wouldnt touch this unless someone here with high rep takes it and test it out and give us his or her verdict on it. but guinea pigs are always welcome :p

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
C'mon guys. Look at the site, look at the products, hell...look at the "dyno" page. It's a tC just sitting there. "Look we strapped it down on the dyno, our parts have to got to make power!". Any major suspension part like a spring/shock combo for under $300 is gonna be junk.

Sorry, hate to burst your bubble.

rexxx

Reaction score
They actually make decent stuff.

I love how you all see the price and just assume that its **** stuff. there is a HUGE thread on golfmkv about them, everyone loves them and has had NO problems out of them.

I still cant comphrend why people think paying for a name is SO important. you seriously think that is costs THAT much more to produce a set of teins?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well ****...if everyone else loves them so do I!

It's not about the name or what it costs to produce the item, it's the R&D that went into the product to create something of quality. These have none of that.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
They actually make decent stuff.

I love how you all see the price and just assume that its **** stuff. there is a HUGE thread on golfmkv about them, everyone loves them and has had NO problems out of them.

I still cant comphrend why people think paying for a name is SO important. you seriously think that is costs THAT much more to produce a set of teins?

tein = quality :thumbsup:

just for kicks ... what quality car products come from china? ... because i can't think of any

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well before you go bashing vmaxx i've learned that area, weather and how you use your coils are a definite factor in why they suck... i read reviews of where people said they loved them compared to where they hate them... Alot of good reviews came from socal, Florida, some texas and other southern areas... those of us who live up north know that roads suck because salt beats up the roads really bad in the winter with plowing. and i can gaurentee that those who slammed their cars lived in ****ty areas as bad as how NYC roads are

before i go bashing vmaxx? please dude. go over to the vwvortex and see how well liked vmaxx are by anyone who actually gives a **** what kind of part theyre putting on their car. the area of the country in which coilovers are used doesnt make a difference, thats ridiculous. vmaxx are bouncy as hell, i know because one of my dumb, cheap friends has them on his 337 and all that car does is bounce all over. riding in it is even worse.

and these raceland things....why would you want to use backwards technology when theres better coilovers available that adjust in a much better fashion? ooo, $300 for full coilovers, yea great deal....just like those cheap *** turbo kits that work for 5000 miles, right?

ive been searching around reading up...one guy said a weld on something broke, i wasnt surprised....that was in one of the links on the first page. i looked over on the vwvortex, and people there are so-so with them. they seem to the the same as vmaxx and jom. also read that they get bouncy if you go decently low. on one of the bmw sites some guy was talking about how soft they were...which would explain the bounciness if you go remotely low. idk, personally i wouldnt buy them just because of my experience in the past with cheap suspension set ups....you definitely get what you pay for, and i dont expect these to be any less than that.

Last edited:

Cpyro

Reaction score
300 bucks every 2 yrs for new coilovers, not bad either lol :p

Back