Coils making noise?

TooJDM

Reaction score
Got a squeaky noise coming from my back left coils ? Can't find out what it is. Any suggestions?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Coils,as in ignition coils don't squeak

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Coils don't squeak, in the location described, my guess, it could be power steering pump or your belts...

Since when were our engines in the back ?! Is there something here I don't know?

Also, coils can squeak. Check your coils for any kind of fluid on the outside of them. Check all your bushings and ball joints and make sure the boots aren't torn. What kind of coils are they ?

agginline86

Reaction score
coils can def squeak... doesn't mean that's the case here though
When does the noise occur?

TooJDM

Reaction score
It occurs when im going low speeds (10-25?) and there are bumps. I have a feeling is the springs but I'm not sure. They are F&F type 1's

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Since when were our engines in the back ?! Is there something here I don't know?

Also, coils can squeak. Check your coils for any kind of fluid on the outside of them. Check all your bushings and ball joints and make sure the boots aren't torn. What kind of coils are they ?

Well my car actually has coils,ignition coils there is. Sorry if we talking about COILOVERS here

Last edited:

TooJDM

Reaction score
Oh... That was my bad for not clarifying on what I was talking about. Sorry guys . haha

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Well my car actually has coils,ignition coils there is. Sorry if we talking about COILOVERS here

Yeah I never figured we were talking about coil overs cuzwe were only in the suspension forums :coffee:

Also, my first set of ff2s squeaked in the rear too. Turned out the shock was blown.

Last edited:
Back