Complete Bullsh!t.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Tyler, when I got my lip I took the bumper off the car and flipped it upsided down then installed it. I had the hump too but it fit perfectly. Did you make sure the metal clips are under the bumper and not over the bottom of the bumper.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Any luck Tyler? Dude don't get so discouraged.. Think about this. How many times I've gotten discouraged with my build after two blown engines and other modding, and I STILL don't want to sell it. Sell the lip (or return it) NOT the car!! :rock:

Sell the lip and get a WW/Xenon kit.

Will take care of everything.

Brilliant :beer:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i'd sell the car...:lawl:

but put it off until summertime when the weather is hot (da da da da da)

but seriously, winter ruins everything

Bax

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I laid it out in the yard this morning, probably not gonna do anything, though. I flicked it off when I left for work, though. So that made me feel a little better. :lawl:
I've always wanted to sell my car, though. So this didn't come out of nowhere. lol

The ebay listing says they "won't be back until the 27th" :eh: ...of course...

I'm gonna have a little chit chat with them as soon as they reply to me.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Putting it in the sun to make it come back to it's natural state is the best idea. If you would have done that, you probably would have been ok

Bax

Reaction score
I should've taken a picture of it when I got it. I thought maybe it was normal though, but it was bad. Imagine bacon, after fried how it is wavy nonstop with no flat parts whatsoever. That's what the top of the lip looked like.

Is it normal for them to come that badly deformed? This is my first poly lip, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.

AccordianGuy

Reaction score
pu lips from eBay usually come deformed due to the way some companies send/package it. Instructions are to let the lip sit for a day or two before installation to give the lip a chance to get it's shape back; although that's never 100% the case. Best bet is to cut where the wave is to relieve the pressure and plastic weld it back together. If it's one of those companies who charge more for shipping than for the lip itself, it's because they don't want you to send it back.

Bax

Reaction score
pu lips from eBay usually come deformed due to the way some companies send/package it. Instructions are to let the lip sit for a day or two before installation to give the lip a chance to get it's shape back; although that's never 100% the case. Best bet is to cut where the wave is to relieve the pressure and plastic weld it back together. If it's one of those companies who charge more for shipping than for the lip itself, it's because they don't want you to send it back.

It came in a long skinny box, not folded at all. So I thought it being extremely warped was weird, but like I said this is my first pu lip. I was unsure.

Plastic weld... :thinking: why hasn't anyone suggested this before??? I just looked at a video of someone "Plastic welding" a polyu bumper where a crack was, and this seems like it would work if I had to resort to cutting the lip.
I'm going to look into that some more.

kn0x47

Reaction score
if you were closer i'd help so good luck. hopefully you can fix it but still dont expect perfect fitment from something like this

Bax

Reaction score
Would this lip fit the 01 02 coupe bumper if the middle was cut appropriately?
Would the sides match up the same is what I'm asking.

if you were closer i'd help so good luck. hopefully you can fix it but still dont expect perfect fitment from something like this

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I need to either figure out a plan, or see if I can get something done through the seller. Even if I want another mugen lip, I don't want one from them. I'll try my best to get a refund, and at least pay half shipping if I have to in order to get a refund. Anything to not have to put up with these people's **** again. I'll take my half assed refund and buy the same lip from someone else.

Last edited:
Back