Component Replacement Question

mikeivb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my components in the front, and I had a few questions for those that have done this uprade:

1. what do you do with with the stock tweeter? Do you just cut the wire? I was planning on mounting the tweeter in the door or by the mirror, which bring me to my next question:

2. is it very difficult to mount the tweeter by the mirror?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if youre using an amp, then just disconnect the wires from the harness behind the head unit.

theres a little bit of space behind the sail panels if you want to flush mount the tweeters, although they can't be too deep. its best to measure first, of course ;)

Namboyz

Reaction score
it all depends on what kind of tweeter you have. whether it be wide dispersion or narrow. what kind of components did you get? also do you have a coupe or sedan?

i just mounted mine recently in my doors right about my speaker. helps with phase issues.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I hate Infinity components :puke:

The highs make my eyes squint...

I have owned these speakers for damn near 10 years and they can be soooooo harsh on the high end. Even eqing it out, it is just tolerable.

You can pull up your factory tweeters and disconnect them, no reason to cut them what so ever (and don't do that in general please).

An easy way to make the tweeter fit into the mirror panel, often referred to as the "sail panel". Find a PVC pipe that you twitter fits in or is close to fitting in (you can enlarge it easily with a Dremel if it is slightly too small). Cut the pipe to where it faces the right way and looks good. Epoxy that to the sail panel. Then take panty hose or fleece and wrap it around the pannel. Fiberglass that. If you used panty hose, you will need to reinforce it with more fiberglass. Then sand, fill, etc until it looks great, cut the holes. You can how paint it or cover it with vinyl. Takes about a day to do both, including cure time.

ilovevtec951

Reaction score
its not dificult to put them by the mirror but i prefer the flush look in to the panel imo it looks alot betta but just my opinon

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
if youre using an amp, then just disconnect the wires from the harness behind the head unit.

theres a little bit of space behind the sail panels if you want to flush mount the tweeters, although they can't be too deep. its best to measure first, of course ;)

What do you think about tweeters in the factory locations? I hate looking at tweeters :mad:

Back