Component Speaker Help?

JBird

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I've found a ton of useful information. Just wanted to say thanks for that first!

I'm about to replace the speakers and receiver in my car, and add a sub and amp. I've done it all before, except I've never had the tweeters up front. ('98 EX Coupe)

If I purchase the component speakers do I mount everything in the front door panel?.. along with the capacitor? Or do I need to mount the tweeters up by the windshield in the original location and run wires to the door panel?

This is new to me and I don't have the speakers yet so I can't visualize it. I'm not planning to have some crazy sound system so should I just stick to normal 3-way speakers and let the tweeters be?

Pudge49902

Reaction score
depends how good you want to do it. I swapped my speakers b4 and i didnt mess with the tweeters up front...i just swapped d door speakers and the rear speakers....put pioneers on the doors and kickers in the back...

lashlee

Reaction score
You can put the tweeters up high but you will have to run the wiring and depending on the model of components you may be able to put the crossover in the door or you might be able to hide it somewhere under the dash.

Personally I would put the tweeters up on the dash since it will look closer to factory (unless you install a simple coax in the door) and sound better overall.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
some people like to custom mount the tweeters in the mirror trim piece (forgot what its called), and ive seen others mount the tweeter flush in the door panel. the stock spot for tweeters is bad (staging wise) i've heard.

i havent gotten components yet, but depending on what ones you get you may have to get spacers or have some made by lashlee (posted above me).

as for running the speaker wire (considering you amplify the components), what i did was poke a hole in the rubber thing that hides the wires going into your door, then just run them to the back of the car.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
i put the tweeter from my components in the factory dash location sounds good maybe not the perfect "image" everyone tries to set up but i hear it makes the music sound cleaner works for me

Back