componet set help!!

gt58

Reaction score
i recently swapped out all my speakers and my 6x9's are really bad ***. they sound crisp and they get loud (off the deck, no amp). but i ran into a little problem. the front door speakers dont get loud at all. i have to set my deck to front 5 (out of 15) for it to sound even. ive really been thinking about SQ more often and i think a nice component set will really set my car off. i will not be getting a 4 channel amp. the sensitivity rating on the component set needs to be high(to get loud on low power). i plan on replacing the ****ty kenwood speakers i got with a decent component set that will get loud off just the stereos power. imma mount the tweeter in the little pop out piece.

anyone out there have experience with component sets that get loud and arent too expensive??

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Just get some infinity kappa series 6.5 3-way. Sounds great even without being powered by an amp. Already has a built in tweeter. They go for about $100 ebay & amazon.

lashlee

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't waste your time. A quality set of components will need some decent power and no headunit can offer that. If you don't go with an amp you will spend a lot of time and more money trying to find something to fit your needs. If you are set on using only the H/U I would look into some decent coaxes that don't have an outboard crossover.

gt58

Reaction score

gt58

Reaction score
just read this

"True Four Ohms— All Kappa speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Kappa Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit. "

from their site : http://us.infinitysystems.com/product-detail-11657/kappa-639i.html

so im 100% sure imma get these and add more sound deadning material to my doors!!

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I have not heard Kappas in a long time, but I don't remember them being very good for SQ. Could have been how they were installed, but I would do some research if you are looking to get better SQ because to me, this seems like a sideways move. And to add to what lashlee said, using comps does not make for better SQ all on its own. And I agree, just amp your speakers you have, then upgrade them later.

gt58

Reaction score
And I agree, just amp your speakers you have, then upgrade them later.

i will not be getting a 4 channel amp.

im trying to add aftermarket sound quality but have the front and rear balanced without having to fade them with my deck. i do not have the money or electrical to add another amp. trust me if i had the cash i would already have a high output alt and upgraded front battery and batteries in the trunk. then i would be okay with a 3k+ amp and good 4 channel amp

the kappas look nice and i have heard nothing but great reviews from them. the 95db sensitivity really appeals to my needs atm :)

should be buying them tomorrow :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
so much :ugh: going on in here...

you cant expect speakers with a "95db" sensitivity rating (note the quotation marks...how did infinity measure this?) to get loud with the 12 watts the headunit makes.

my brother has a similar setup and i couldn't get it to sound more than "decent" with the limited EQ in an average headunit. get ready for some syballance :lawl:

lastly, get a 4 channel amp.

Back