constant squeak from wheel well

Thirteenth

Reaction score
alright so i dropped by my mechanics today just to get things checked out.

came out with a whole slew of problems, not surprised.

two ball joints needed to be replaced, brought my car home and did the two of those myself.
rear sway is a bit loose. but this just gives me an even better excuse to go pick up the tl-s sway bar. no big deal

but the squeak we still aren't really sure about. well he is, i frankly don't get it
its not the pads as i said before, i'm still sitting at about 70%
he says its something to do with the rotor, but what could be wrong with a rotor that would cause a constant squeak even when the brakes are engaged? either way i suppose ill change out the rotors, i'm just wondering what the issue supposedly is.

thanks!

oh. and what's a hardware kit. (i'm sort of learning things as i go here guys, sorry if this is a amateurish question)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
alright so i dropped by my mechanics today just to get things checked out.

came out with a whole slew of problems, not surprised.

two ball joints needed to be replaced, brought my car home and did the two of those myself.
rear sway is a bit loose. but this just gives me an even better excuse to go pick up the tl-s sway bar. no big deal

but the squeak we still aren't really sure about. well he is, i frankly don't get it
its not the pads as i said before, i'm still sitting at about 70%
he says its something to do with the rotor, but what could be wrong with a rotor that would cause a constant squeak even when the brakes are engaged? either way i suppose ill change out the rotors, i'm just wondering what the issue supposedly is.

thanks!

oh. and what's a hardware kit. (i'm sort of learning things as i go here guys, sorry if this is a amateurish question)
A hardware kit are like screws, bolts, clips, springs...whatever your dealing with.

Thirteenth

Reaction score
yeah its not the splash shield, for sure. well when im off work tonight ill be jacking her up and changing rotors. i'll also check the clips and bolts on the caliper itself to see if thats the issue.

thanks guys. will update later!

Thirteenth

Reaction score
... so one of the two screws thats supposed to be in the rotor is missing..
ffs. seriously wtf.
its too late to pick up a hardware kit right now but i will do so tmrw

Back