Convert 6th Gen v6 to 7th Gen?

TheHunter

Reaction score
So I was interested to see the difference between the 6th and 7th gen v6's, other than the ability to get the 6-speed engine, and I came upon this information:

"The 6-cylinder was the same J-series V6 as the sixth generation's, but revisions to the intake and exhaust contributed to a 40 hp (240 hp) increase. One of these revisions was that the exhaust manifolds became part of the cylinder head casting."

I'll admit, I'm still learning a lot about cars, so can someone explain to me how some intake and exhaust revisions added 40 more horsepower? I feel like that's like someone saying that adding I/H/E adds 40 hp...

Also, could you somehow do the same modifications that the 7th gen v6 has to a 6th gen?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Combustion chamber size, air flow, valve size, cam timing, fuel...etc.

It all adds up. Unless you know someone who's gonna compare both engines down to every nut and bolt to figure out what honda did to gain 40hp, just take it for what it is.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't sure if they really did all of those things... because from what I read, it seemed like they did some minor changes to intake and exhaust.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I dont know for certain but more than likely they changed one or several of those things to gain 40hp.

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
remember that 40hp is to the crank
not whp. so those mod can produce that much
even I/E/H/P can produce that to the crank

TheHunter

Reaction score
It's starting to make more sense... although I guess not too many of you know the specifics on a 7th gen v6 engine. I was just trying to see if there was something like the g23 sort of engine swap of roy's car.

paypalbid

Reaction score
wow you must have alot of money or a lot of time. Wouldnt it be better just to go buy a used one ?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's starting to make more sense... although I guess not too many of you know the specifics on a 7th gen v6 engine. I was just trying to see if there was something like the g23 sort of engine swap of roy's car.

So basically you're looking for a head swap.

J32? J35? J32 cams...its been done.

Back