Convert 6th Gen v6 to 7th Gen?

TheHunter

Reaction score
A used 7th gen?... but they're ugly! ;) I was just trying to think of some original things to do to my car. No one really does cool things to J30's you know?

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Do more research and you'll realize why no one has. LOL.

Last edited:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Read it again:

Honda News said:
http://hondanews.com/categories/814/releases/952?archive=2003
Key V-6 Engine Technologies
Several key changes to the induction system, exhaust system, and valvetrain combine with a significant increase in the compression ratio to generate major output gains in the Accord's V6. Primary contributors on the intake side include a new high-inertia manifold, a larger and electronically controlled throttle body and even more precise measurement and control capabilities for both air and fuel. These features account for about one third of the additional 40 horsepower the new V6 puts out.
On the downstream side, higher capacity components throughout the entire exhaust system increase the flow rate by 30 percent and are responsible for another third of the overall power increase. The remaining output gains result from improvements in combustion efficiencies derived from larger intake valves, the 3-rocker VTEC system (replacing a two-rocker design), and a bump in compression ratio from 9.4:1 to 10.0:1.

thejameshimself

Reaction score
why not just go for the gusto and swap in the 8th gen coupe 3.5L 6-speed - with a little work you'd be putting out 300hp n/a

drey

Reaction score
7gen sedan has grown on me a lot. i made a mistake getting my 6th gen instead of the 7th. dont hate me :p
honda really did their r&d and made a solid car. the shape isnt perfect but its workable.

TheHunter

Reaction score
The 7th gen coupes are ok. But I think the lines and general design of our cars is far superior. Our cars are less round and bulbous, a look I hate.

IcyAccord

Reaction score
why not just go for the gusto and swap in the 8th gen coupe 3.5L 6-speed - with a little work you'd be putting out 300hp n/a

A little work? LOL.
th_LAWL.gif

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If you are looking to be different, then I would say look in to the J40 swap.

If you just want an upgrade that is a LITTLE more economical, then just swap the J32 in.

If you want more out of your J30, then upgrade the cams, as well as the I/H/E basics.

Back