Convincing the Parents is annoying.

av6g6

Reaction score
im pretty sure at 17 u can open up ur own bank account and get a debit card, if not i would just have one of ur parents take u cause if u dont have one now how will u ever really save money :p

Off topic, but to open a bank account on your own is signing a contract and no one under 18 years of age can legally enter a contract. No bank account for him unless his mother or father jointly opens it. In fact in Alabama you have to be 19.

9450erick

Reaction score
actually i have my own checking account without my parents
you just cant apply for a credit card untill your 18(in cali)
you should get a checking account and create a paypal/ thats what i did

AKlass

Reaction score
being under 18 here, I have to have a parent co-sign for a checking account.

Aeraun

Reaction score
being under 18 here, I have to have a parent co-sign for a checking account.

I'd wokr on convincing your parents to do that ^ first. So then you'll never have to go through this again with any mod you do. Otherwise yeh,tell your dad its STOCK. That should be your main word in your argument.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Get a checking account with approval of your parents, you're 17.... you should be able to be responsible for your own money. Once you get it opened.... you know what to do.

Get out from under the wing....

Erik123456789

Reaction score
famous last words.
haha yeah I just believe that if he earned the money then he should have the right to use it however he wants, especially if it's only lights. :p If not.. then why even bother saving up in the first place.

And OP you might be able to get a checking account at 17. I opened a STUDENT account with Bank of America when I was 17 for free and all they asked me for was my ID and my SS Number and I didn't have a job or anything yet. They will let you get a debit card before 18 but no credit card until after.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
haha yeah I just believe that if he earned the money then he should have the right to use it however he wants, especially if it's only lights. :p If not.. then why even bother saving up in the first place.

And OP you might be able to get a checking account at 17. I opened a STUDENT account with Bank of America when I was 17 for free and all they asked me for was my ID and my SS Number and I didn't have a job or anything yet. They will let you get a debit card before 18 but no credit card until after.

^+1 this, I have been with BoA since I was 16 have had a debit card since then. No cosigner or anything.

Question though why no do a more practical mod for now. No offense to the Retro guys but headlights aren't too high on the mods list IMO. Maybe a drop instead?

Last edited:

acedomain

Reaction score
i didnt read everyones response so if someone said this already sorry..... this is what you got to do get yourself one of those prepaid debit cards learn to use it put money on it add it to your paypal account transfer money to it and buy what ever you want ....the reason why i say transfer it to your paypal instead of just paying for your retrofit with it is bcuz some ppl wont take a prepaid card ....like when i was trying to buy a pspec short shifter with a prepaid card someone gave me it was like this:eusa_wall:

AKlass

Reaction score
^+1 this, I have been with BoA since I was 16 have had a debit card since then. No cosigner or anything.

Question though why no do a more practical mod for now. No offense to the Retro guys but headlights aren't too high on the mods list IMO. Maybe a drop instead?

Not looking really for a drop since I like the oem ride quality. A retro is just high on my list because I like my safety at night. and If you switch cars, the projectors can come with you. But now its going to have to waith because a check engine light for the evap canister just came up

Back