Coolant bleeder screw?

simplicity

Reaction score
Hi I plan to drain and fill my radiator a few times with distilled water and then fill with Honda Type II coolant.

I have a V6 and 4cylinder...per Haynes manual I don't see a bleeder screw for the cooling system...is there one for our car or do I just squeeze the upper radiator hose to expel air with the car running and radiator cap off?

dcmystery21

Reaction score
thats what i normally do after i fill it up with coolant. just let it run for a while with the cap off and fill as needed.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Don't forget to first run it with the heater on full blast and add as needed. When full turn the heater off and let the car run until thermostat opens up and again add coolant/water as needed.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
:wtf1:

There is a lil plastic wing nut drain bolt on the bottom of the rad u just twist clock wise and pull out.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
13s8201_e15.png

#12 is the bleeder bolt

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
just run it with the cap off.. u'll see bubbles come out as the car gets hotter... also turn on the heater at full blast

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
BTW if you remove the bleeder screw and nothing comes out, chances are it's plugged up and you will have to clear it out before you are able to bleed the system.

Back