Costco gas

crossfire

Reaction score
I always fill up at costco. My rule is don't fill up when the truck is filling the tanks because that's when crap can get under the filter when they clean it. And I've seen the same truck go to costco and chevron so I'm pretty sure the gas is the same.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I used Exxon, would also use BP, Shell, Mobil or other well known gas stations that have 93 in them. Others have only 91 which doesn't work for my car.

TheHunter

Reaction score
I own a gas station and pretty much what's been said here is correct. All you're paying for at more expensive stations is different detergents, the quality of the gas itself is basically the same. Really the prices come down to what the suppliers force each station to put their prices at. Also- any problems with water in the fuel would be from individual stations, not a nation-wide problem... at least so far.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
My uncle owns gas stations and knows people in the industry

tells me ALL gas is the same as they all have to meet a minimum federal requirement...only difference are the additives that each company adds to their gas.

He uses Costco gas in his brand new porsche when he is away from his business and that is good enough for me.

He says that if you are REALLY paranoid, use cheap gas twice and a name brand the third time to 'clean' your system.

My 2 cents

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention...he told me that I should stay away from "mom and pop" stations as they are more prone to have issues with their tanks/pumps and more chances of having water in the gas due to cracked tanks...

xIrvin

Reaction score
So basically go with whatever you feel comfortable with, just to have that peace of mind, And if you wanna go for that cheap gas well. Your cars gonna pay for it later on down the road :p

Back