Coupe rear windshield matrix problem

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
So I had my windows tinted a while back and it came out nice, but the strip on top of back window where the matrix (something they invented to reflect light?) is only looks half way decent. The tint won't stick well over the dots.
So I've found a couple solutions for that.
1. Is to scrape the dots with razor, but this way you would lose your antenna which is in the same area on our cars.
2. Is to cut off the tint in the matrix area and paint the top dotted strip part.
3. Is to put a sheet of vinyl over the dotted area (that is what I was trying to do, but with a lack of skills couldn't cut the vinyl evenly and messed it all up) but the lil area I got a chance to stick the vinyl over looked really flawless from the outside
4. Some people say use credit card to get the air out but it isn't air, well it is but the tint is kinda hard material and just won't go between the dots
5. Some people say they got it done (at the right place)and never had a problem...I believe it
The places around my way saying lightly SUK so I'm trying DIY route. So far I've only seen one accord with a flawless back window all others same problem I described.
I was just looking for some input from past experiences on which of these methods easier and more likely used. Thank you 6th gen community

Brad2274

Reaction score
i know exactly what youre talking about lol, the tint guy at the detail shop i work at tinted my rear with 15% and i have that problem, he said the best solution is removing the tint and putting a piece of black vinyl on the inside, outside is an option too but wont look as good. just practice with the black vinyl, cut it to size on the outside window then move it inside, be sure to use a good squeegie and a heat gun, youtube is your friend :thumbup:

Mikey

Reaction score
Vinyl is the, as far as I know, only and best option. Had it done to mine and it came out good. Still a few spots around the edges but i'm not complaining. I'd keep trying the vinyl or have a pro do it.

kn0x47

Reaction score
i have vinyl on the outside of mine. looks pretty good, its only faded a little. putting it inside will look the best tho

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Thanks guys vinyl it is. Not hard to do, but I'm hoping local tint shop would cut the vinyl evenly for me. I tried measuring and cutting myself but it didn't work, couldn't get both curves right, and was scared to cut it on the window not to scratch it up. For now the strip is blank but looks dumm since the window tinted 20% all around, windshield 40%. I live in Florida so it's sorta legal lol. Ill post a pic once it's done

Brad2274

Reaction score
tint shop should be able to do that if you supply vinyl.
im in florida too, limit is 28% front 2(so pretty much 30% :lawl: ) , rear 2 and rear is 15%, fronts illegal but 40 isnt that noticable

Back