Couple questions about black housing

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
I have a few questions about black housings and before ya say search I did and every post someone has different ways. I wanted to knowwhat temperature you should but the oven to and how long should you keep the headlight in the oven for and what kind of paint to do the black housing and I also want to paint the highbeam reflector yellow so what paint should I use for that. Thanks for any info.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did mine at 250 for 13 minutes and used vht engine enamel paint. And for re sealing them i just went to home depot and bought some ge all weather silicone. As for the reflector housing i think some people have used stained glass paint but i may be wrong

hirichard

Reaction score
i suggest using a shiny black paint, people use any sealant, and i used krylon yellow stained glass paint..bitcch was hard to find but sabSquishy let me borrow some of his

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
All those questions have been discussed at length, next time you search try using different key words. Make sure you read through all the results, a thread title is not necessarily indicative of its contents.

Use the existing Honda bond to reseal the housings, and add silicon as needed.

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
250 like 10 minutes, flat black paint, krylon glass paint, any silicone from like autozone or something

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Took the headlights apart today and pick up dupli color engine enamel gloss black so gonna start ppainting probably tomorrow just need to find the yellow stained paint. Been to two places arlready and haven't found it so gonna try tomorrow.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I originally did my blackhousings in matte black and they came out real nice.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Back