Cracked bumper

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
i have a 02 accord ex. i had previously cracked my bumper near the right headlight which extended about 4 inches. i recently tapped the bumper again and the crack grew to about 7 inches. i want to put some kind of adhesive on the back to hold it together, any suggestions?

i dont want to sand and mold the font because i dont have enough money to repaint the whole bumper (and the color difference would stick out like a sore thumb). im fine with the crack being visable, as long as it wont get worse or allow water in. i read somewhere that i should look for the plastic code on the bumper and buy the specific plastic adhesive, does anyone know what the material is?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'd just check your local Pep Boys or Auto Zone and see if they can help you out, or call a Honda Dealer and see if you can get the info from them, just to ensure you are being given the right info.

You may want to check a local scrap yard as well to see if you can source another OEM bumper.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
you can use epoxy which will hold it real well... it held my cracked abs lip for months on end but for a bumper... use fiberglass or check out what body shops use to clean up cars

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The only "real" fix is to plastic weld it, which would require paint. Even that isn't as good as a new bumper. I would try seam sealer as it is strong but still flexible enough to bend without cracking.

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
The only "real" fix is to plastic weld it, which would require paint. Even that isn't as good as a new bumper. I would try seam sealer as it is strong but still flexible enough to bend without cracking.

im not really looking for a perfect fix, im just looking for something that holds it together from behind, blocks water, and does not require me to paint/sand anything. i need it to keep out the water because i have matsu****a ballast sitting right behind where the crack is and i wouldnt want water to run into that area under the headlights.

is there a specific type of this "seam sealer" you're referring to? i did a search and found these types from 3m:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=GSWMS8NB1Nbe6DTWTJQPBBgl

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's what you do...

Get a pack of zip ties.
Get a drill
Drill alternating holes on either side of crack.
Use zip ties like a "lace" to hold it together.
Get band-aid sticker
Profit

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
3M products work great. You can try an apoxy like other people have recommened. You can always take the bumper off and have the adhesive put behind the bumper, so no one can see its there. But it's only a temp fix, it will probably seperate after a couple months from the weather and driving conditions. But it does buy you time so u can do the whole plastic filler/sanding and paint later.

Crono139

Reaction score
Here's what you do...

Get a pack of zip ties.
Get a drill
Drill alternating holes on either side of crack.
Use zip ties like a "lace" to hold it together.
Get band-aid sticker
Profit

Stitches.

I like it.

Back