cracked rim!! what can i do?

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
hello 6thgen i have DIP D65 CHROMES and i hit a pot hole. I tried to straigten it out but the rim cracked. its a very small crack.its not even noticeable but i was wondering what can i do to fix this crack on a chrome rim since this rim is discontinued. can i weld the inside? and do i have to weld the exterior too? thanks alot guys.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Before you go spending money to have the wheel fixed, I would ask yourself if they are worth fixing.

I made the mistake of buying cheap wheels the first go round and I had a HUGE crack in one of them.

I opted to sell them cheap, and buy a new set. It wasn't worth fixing them just to have them crack again. Even if it is welded back and fixed, the strength of the wheel has been compromised, and it WILL crack again.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Before you go spending money to have the wheel fixed, I would ask yourself if they are worth fixing.

Yup. People thought i was crazy to give away some rims i had for free when one was badly bent but they were discontinued. Repairing one rim would have been cheaper than good used rims but in the end wasn't worth it. I'd only repair high dollar rims personally.

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
well i took it to this place around my house that repair rims. they charged me $125 to weld the crack and straighten them out. so im hopping to see how they come out. i only paid $400 for all four rims with brand new tires on craigslist. and they look good so since i cant buy one because they are discontinued that why i had to save them.

Back