Crank Position Sensor Hunt

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
my accord is a 98, came with a f23 stock. now has a jdm h22a obd1. i need to locate the crank position sensor plug in on the factory f23 harness, so that i can tap it into the h22 dizzy. that is the main reason why the car is having a hard time starting. ecu cant tell when the h22 is at "TDC". so it takes forever to start. please help, yes im a noobie here, dont flame for something that maybe easy to figure out. thankyou very much.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
it should be on the bottom right side (you facing car infront) right next to the main pulley

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
well its not the "sensor" im looking for exactly. im looking for the plug on the engine harness that would plug into that crank sensor. need to know how many wires would be in that harness end of the plug. cant seem to find it. and starting to wonder if it was cut out of the harness. or maybe just tucked in and hidden somewhere. any info on wire count, colors, and wich colors do what would be great. thanks for who'm ever can answer that question...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well....find the sensor, look at the color codes on the wire harness plug. You could also test for voltage.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
The plug you are looking for is where the harness comes off the top of the engine and goes to the alternator and the other sensors on the back of the block

b5d75b38.jpg

Its the gray plug in the middle

As for colors on the sensor side it is: red yellow green and blue. On the ECM side it is: red blue green and white. The white meets the yellow
ae059932.jpg

The sensors here are the CKP &TDC I am not sure which is which but they are at a ten and two o'clock position. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
thankyou very very much. and my suspisions are correct, that plug has been cut from my harness i do believe. i have the h22 in, and the f23 harness is being used on the h22. the alternator section of the harness is streched from the back to the front. and there are no pigtail ends comming off of it. so i guess now, i have to cut up the sheething on the harness and find some wires with no ends. i truely ****ing hate it when people cannot just do a simple clean job on a swap. and this new accord is completely different wiring then my cb7 was, hence is being more difficult to do on my own, wich in return is leading me to the local tune shop more frequently. luckily my tuner has taken a liking to my 6th gen. so he has been very helpful and very inexpensive. i think he wants to see my 6th gen run good as badly as i do......

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
thankyou very very much. and my suspisions are correct, that plug has been cut from my harness i do believe. i have the h22 in, and the f23 harness is being used on the h22. the alternator section of the harness is streched from the back to the front. and there are no pigtail ends comming off of it. so i guess now, i have to cut up the sheething on the harness and find some wires with no ends. i truely ****ing hate it when people cannot just do a simple clean job on a swap. and this new accord is completely different wiring then my cb7 was, hence is being more difficult to do on my own, wich in return is leading me to the local tune shop more frequently. luckily my tuner has taken a liking to my 6th gen. so he has been very helpful and very inexpensive. i think he wants to see my 6th gen run good as badly as i do......

Im super surprised your car would even start and run without a crank sensor hooked up. Perhaps the cam sensor is the sensor that sends the signal to the injectors.

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
supposidly in the h22 dizzy is the obd1 crank sensor. but i need to tap in the original crank sensor to the h22 dizzy. from what ive learn'd, right now the engine is cranking over, but the ecu cannot tell when tdc is happening. so its randomly firing until it finally fires over. yeah, that needs to be address'd very soon.

Back