crank pulley swap?

98acclude

Reaction score
alright... I've read on the internet of sum1 swapping an f22 crank pulley onto an h22 but the ribs were different... he had an integra and used the f22 crank pulley because of clearance issues with the powersteering...

my question is does anyone know if the f23 crank pulley will fit on an h22? reason why I ask is because... i need a new crank pulley because mine wobbles and on majestic honda the f23 crank pulley is like half the price of the h22a4... there is probably sum downsides to doing this also but I'd like your guys' opinions! thanx I really appriciate all the help you guys have given me!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
All it does is absorb crankshaft vibrations. I would measure and compare the two, if they are the same. Should be okay.

123superman321

Reaction score
yea from what i've heard changing that pulley out with a different one will screw up the balance of the crank shaft and can screw your stuff up.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

The engine makes its own internal vibrations and frequencies....the harmonic pulley dampens that. If anything, a wobbly crank pulley is much more dangerous to your engine since the rotating mass isnt balanced.

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
so you think it'd be alright aslong as they were the same size? reguardless... if it fits couldnt I just get a different belt to fit? or am I making it worse just trying to save 50 bucks? lol cause I looked all 3 of em up.. the f22's pulley is 154 bucks, h22 is 97.. and the f23 is about 54.. lol Im just curious cause if I could use that n save money I'm all for it but if it's just gonna be a big pain in the *** i'll just get the h22's pulley.. Im gonna get a new key and bolt for it too just incase any of those things are slightly messed up

ray01

Reaction score
f23 crank pulley will fit on an h22 but im pretty sure you need the alternator and ac to come off the f23 in order for the belts to fit

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
IMO, just buy whats for your car to end all this confusion. No one on here has really said anything probably because nobody has really done it before.

Latest posts

Back