Crashed CG5 in need of assistance

JDMonster

Reaction score
1998 Honda accord LX 4door
So i got into an accident with my accord. I wasnt paying attention and having a messed up day and just made it worse by rear-ending a chevy blazer. Of course the truck was fine but my car was not. I hit it going 30 so its not totaled. My car ended up going under the truck so it hit the top of my radiater support and pushed my radiater back and busted up one head light as well as beding up the hood. Right now im just trying to get it to drive good and be street legal so im in need of some tech tips from you guys. When i tried to drive it...it obviously over heated so i got a new radiator so the temp problem is fixed....but it still does some weird stuff

List
In the cluster it shows that All four doors are open until u drop the E brake
It boggs down at 4k RPMs
it doesnt over heat but i dont think the fan

What are some of the common things that get messed up in an accord when in an accident such as this? like are there sensors that due to its position usually go bad from a wreck

PLEASE ANY IMPUT IS WELCOMED
THANKS guys

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
The door icons on the dash aren't really top priority, but I can see how that would be weird to see each time. Something must have been pinched or possibly cut during the impact that may have messed up the readout. Does the light for the e-brake come on as well?

If you really need it street worthy soon, you should just take it to a shop and have them diagnose it. You're gonna know what's wrong from someone that's able to look at everything up close and be able to decide what to do next with advice on hand right there.

Also do you happen to have pictures? It might help instead of imagining the damage in my head.

JDMonster

Reaction score
thanx for the Reply....i do have pics but at the moment are not close by so i will post them ASAP... and yeah the E-brake light is on at the same time as the door lights

JDMonster

Reaction score
pics would help. sorry to hear you go into a crash

YEah man and the story behind my accord is that i only bought it was because my mom thought it looked good....at the time my focuse was on my turbo B16 crx and my trail blazer...well after getting laid of those two were the ones to go....devastated by having to give those two up i was determined to never build again....well then i moved to nebraska from minnesota driving the accord and i began messing around with it and fell in love with the car....it has a mugen lip slammed with skunk 2 exhaust and megan racing header and test pipe...h i d's and other miner stuff....either way i love CG's

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
sorry to hear you wrecked your car but at least your not hurt. I say take it to a shop, most will give you a free estimate and give you some advise as to what could be wrong.

BlakCoupe27

Reaction score
about the door lights...check the fuses because my car was doing the thing today n when i checked the fuses one of the was out...i replaced the fuse n wha-la the light turned off!!

jaron001

Reaction score
i have a tedious task for you your going to need to purchase a service manual for your car though but here is what i would do so your just not blindly searching around for the reason your dash is malfunctioning.

study the wiring diagram and trace the wires to where the point of impact was i just did the wiring for a h22 in my car so i know it has all the dashlights's wire and colors in there something. it could be anything from a bad ground to reverse polarity just look at the manual start at the dash and work your way to the front of the car.

and about the 4k rpms man that could be anything if your not throwing a cel its going to be a long task finding the issue. with a violent impact like that it could be anything goodluck tho if you do need any help just pm me

JDMonster

Reaction score
^ thanks man and im thinking about just ripping everything out and say **** it with the f23 and doing a swap that way i know what im putting in

Back