Crazy mirror rattle FIX? (video)

Macsrule15

Reaction score
Damn, 1 10" Type R? :lawl: My cars old system was too much where as there wasn't a rear view mirror 'til recently. :lawl: Now I'm just running a 12" L5 on a RF Punch 801s. (Power whore of an amp)

i am running 1 type r 10 in a ported box that is wayy to big for the sub but i love that it lets it hit the lows! and a RF P3001 it hits nice and hard but i do want more eventually =]

Macsrule15

Reaction score
Is that much power necessary? :confused: haha I never understand the point of going that big.

he is most likely not pushing 2000W RMS he is most likely pushing 1000w RMS the amp probably says 2000W max and depending on how it is wired he might only be getting 500w rms... but only him and his installer knows lol

Kohl

Reaction score
Is that much power necessary? :confused: haha I never understand the point of going that big.

Well to be truthful the amp is only 1800 watts, 2000 is just what the subs peak at. I love it though, I had one 12 at 800 watts before untill it blew. Then one of my friends traded me his two 12s with the box for my amp and also lets me use his amp. I just couldnt pass that up.. I have them turned down a little bit though because it was to the point where all I could hear was bass and no music lol

Kohl

Reaction score
he is most likely not pushing 2000W RMS he is most likely pushing 1000w RMS the amp probably says 2000W max and depending on how it is wired he might only be getting 500w rms... but only him and his installer knows lol

I installed it all myself. Its all wired at 2ohms. The amp is 1800 watt max, and the two subs are 1000 watt peak each. but I only have it turned up a little over half way.. so it could be way louder :p

Macsrule15

Reaction score
I installed it all myself. Its all wired at 2ohms. The amp is 1800 watt max, and the two subs are 1000 watt peak each. but I only have it turned up a little over half way.. so it could be way louder :p

well then you are pushing about 900W RMS and the subs can safely handle most likely 500w RMS each not nocking your setup at all its a nice setup! just no need to over state it =] lol

Bax

Reaction score
Just take the mirror out where it attaches at the windshield, put a cotton ball around the metal ball that fits into the mount onto the windshield (you'll see what I'm talking about), then put it back. Just use a black sharpie to push the excess of the cotton in the crevice and color the cotton black.
I had the same problem as you, and my mirror didn't even move afterwards. The cotton does a very good job of dampening the vibrations.

Macsrule15

Reaction score
i dont understand what you mean i know the ball and socket you are talking about but is there enough room for something to wedge in there?

Bax

Reaction score
A cotton ball.
cotton-balls.jpg

Take the ball out of the socket, put the cotton between the two, then put it back together. This dampens the vibrations coming from the windshield. I said I did it on my old car, so I'm more than sure you can do it, too.

edit: you're going to have to flatten it out a little bit, of course. you'll have excess. but it's cotton, you can tear it off, and use the sharpie I mentioned to color the edges black and tuck them in. I did this on my old car and it worked great, trust me.

Last edited:

Macsrule15

Reaction score
thanx bro got it done and it feels alot tighter now! hopefully it will stop the dropping!

6ba0902c.jpg

13a396dc.jpg

Back