curious about auto trannys

K-DAWG

Reaction score
im not new to the site but i barely got my accord and its a auto. my wife cares about the exterior more than the performance and me its vice versa. she cant drive stick so i limited to a auto. what can i do to it to improve performance. i know of all the obvious this but no one ever talks about autos cause their probably embarassed. anyone have the competech sc in your auto?? pm or reply so i can start my babys transformation.
i look forward to riding with the socal ninjas soon!!!

frantz954

Reaction score
i think comptech went out of business. should be thinking about suspension before anything else. start there.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
v6 or i4?

only reason i ask is cuz the i4 autos usually last a little longer than the v6 ones....both of which dont last as long as you probably would like them to. any extra power you put through them will shorten their life spans, especially v6 autos.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
i think comptech went out of business. should be thinking about suspension before anything else. start there.

i think they go under pro competition or something like that.

while on topic if you want more performance, make sure you dont rip on the tranny from a dead start.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Tranny cooler would be my #1 as for performance wise? our slushbox autos are HORRIBLE to say the least. Dr. Evil may still make a performance tranny for us but be prepared to drop 5k. This is why everyone swaps to manual.

Last edited:

frantz954

Reaction score
not too much being produced by ct. i guess i just had high hopes for what would be on the site. decent swaybar setup for the accord though. 22mm 149.00.

K-DAWG

Reaction score
ok thanks guy and its a ex v6 sedan. too bad its not a stick but like i mentioned before its not only mine so maybe ill slap on a cai, exhaust, and some headers which is probably what everyone else does. sucks though cause my friends clown me that our cars arent fast and clown me even more so that i drive a auto.

Back