custom exhaust

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
you lose low end torque from what i have read, high flow magnaflow, if u wanna change it
and im gunna do a borla when i get home , be dif if u want thats what im doin, im just hopping it doenst sound too rice

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
no cat=carbon on your bumpers and your trunk and rear.... get a high flow cat

Split

Reaction score
let us know how it works out!

Last edited:

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Keep your cat. I have a V6 with headers, no cat, 2.5" piping to Hooker resonator, and a single outlet ebay N1. The cat makes it sound extremely deep in low rpms, but it sounds absolutely horrible after 2800rpms. all my low end torque is gone. I don't have any problems with Carbon getting everywhere. you really dont notice it. lol.

J30MAN

Reaction score
no cat=carbon on your bumpers and your trunk and rear.... get a high flow cat
I never realized why that would happen to some people around here but not me. lol.
Keep your cat. I have a V6 with headers, no cat, 2.5" piping to Hooker resonator, and a single outlet ebay N1. The cat makes it sound extremely deep in low rpms, but it sounds absolutely horrible after 2800rpms. all my low end torque is gone. I don't have any problems with Carbon getting everywhere. you really dont notice it. lol.

From what your saying im going to regain my low end torque when i go to stock exhaust tomorrow? I do notice myself pushing it a little further to the floor when going starting up a steep hill.

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
From what your saying im going to regain my low end torque when i go to stock exhaust tomorrow? I do notice myself pushing it a little further to the floor when going starting up a steep hill.

Well no. not exactly. Stock exhaust is just really restrictive and doesnt give you that much torque. I'm saying my single headerback exhaust is great and gives me more torque across the whole powerband. Its the test pipe that ruined the low-mid range torque beyond belief. plus it made it sound ricey after 2800.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
unless if you have a turbo or a stick tranny you really dont have to worry about carbon build up on your bumper. Becaues these engines with an autotragic tranny dont backfire.

Back