Custom led tails...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Technically, most if not all, the sedan's light functions are on the outer tails, correct? So save yourself the time, and money, and just do the outer tails.

:coffee:

Exactly. Not worth trying to crack open the inner pieces and trying to get anything to function in there.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^this.

same goes for the coupe.

But on the coupe, the inner light mounted on the trunk is also a brake light. It wouldn’t look very good to have LED’s in the outer brake lights, and a filament bulb in the inner brake lights. But it wouldn’t matter for the reverse lights so they operate independently of everything else. Though 5k or 6k LED reverse lights look pretty cool.

Basically what I’m saying is, any inner light that operates in conjunction with any outer light should be the same type of lighting. Or, take the bulbs out of the inner light fixtures, lol.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
But on the coupe, the inner light mounted on the trunk is also a brake light. It wouldn’t look very good to have LED’s in the outer brake lights, and a filament bulb in the inner brake lights. But it wouldn’t matter for the reverse lights so they operate independently of everything else. Though 5k or 6k LED reverse lights look pretty cool.

Basically what I’m saying is, any inner light that operates in conjunction with any outer light should be the same type of lighting. Or, take the bulbs out of the inner light fixtures, lol.

True.

I disconnected my middle one (forgot), so now it's only useful for the reverse lights haha.
I'm changing my bumper soon and it has reverse lights installed beside the license plate. Soooooo, my middle one will be useless soon, >=]
Getting ready for carbon fiber trunk, so that will be deleted. :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'm changing my bumper soon and it has reverse lights installed beside the license plate. Soooooo, my middle one will be useless soon, >=]
Getting ready for carbon fiber trunk, so that will be deleted. :)

Nice. Taking the car to another level.....again.

98eksedan

Reaction score
Unhooking the inners might be an option i will have to look into that

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

98eksedan

Reaction score
Started working on the blinker circuit. But had to go pick up my daughter.
It utilized a potentiometer as a variable resistor so once i get the right speed i can get a resistor to match and then get the design of the lights and get a board printed... so far this has been easier than i thought. So we will see i have a video but unless somebody wants me to upload it i will just wait till i get a little further.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think since very few people actually build their own LED headlights/tail lights, they always like to see any progress to learn something. I know I do. But it's up to you. :)

98eksedan

Reaction score
Ill upload the video after while....

98eksedan

Reaction score
player.swf

Feel free to give any questions we came up with an almost final version last night.

Back