Custom Sub Install: Pt. II

Jeffro

Reaction score
Ya, I'm puttin' my money on the in-line fuse. My buddy had that happen in his (****ty) Z24. Of course, I had to find the SOB and replace it for him, but that's all it was. One thing to do before you go too crazy on the amp, is get an electrical test kit, and check that you are getting power to the amp. That's a starting point, then go from there. :thumbsup:

wg2k7

Reaction score
well i guess i have a loose wire somewhere, but this is the same problem i had earlier. my subs wouldnt work until i brought my car into a local store, he messed around with some wires and adjusted the hu and it worked. well it stopped working today, then next trip it started again, not it stopped. ill just have to find the loose wire and connect it in better. this weekend im gunna screw in the rear deck mounts harder to stop the rattles.

Jeffro

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
well i guess i have a loose wire somewhere, but this is the same problem i had earlier. my subs wouldnt work until i brought my car into a local store, he messed around with some wires and adjusted the hu and it worked. well it stopped working today, then next trip it started again, not it stopped. ill just have to find the loose wire and connect it in better. this weekend im gunna screw in the rear deck mounts harder to stop the rattles.

If it's in your head unit, check your red, yellow, and black wires. Check all going into your amp and you should be golden :thumbsup:

wg2k7

Reaction score
my friend and i fixed it today, we drilled some new holes in the rear deck and screwed in a bunch of screws, not the prettiest thing since theres like .5 cm of 2 of them sticking out but its a good temp fix since im redoing it after xmas. i also found the wiring problem, the remote wire was loose and we fixed that. it sounds good now, still a little bit of rattling from the trunk bars but its pretty good, well worth the money i paid for it

Back