Custom Sub Install: Pt. II

Spyder

Reaction score
Personally I would mount them from the trunk up and seal that with weather stripping/edead. Then you might have been able to use the stock 6x9 covers and do a full stealth install. Nice 1st shot though.

P.S. FYI you might not want to leave your keys in the trunk. ;)

Two-bit - It's 7" woofer. They have been renamed to the 7kv.2 and are unavailable for the time being.
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=33

Jeffro

Reaction score
Spyder said:
Personally I would mount them from the trunk up and seal that with weather stripping/edead. Then you might have been able to use the stock 6x9 covers and do a full stealth install. Nice 1st shot though.

That's a really good idea IMO... I'd recommend this idea too. It sounds like a lot less work trying to make it match and what not. But, to each his own. Good luck no matter what you try!

Jeffro

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
182mt3.jpg

LOL... I see the keys now! Reminds me of "Where's Waldo"

Don't forget those are there, like spyder said ;)
Especially if your doors are locked, too!

wg2k7

Reaction score
haha i just had the keys in the trunk cuz i didnt have pockets and needed both hands for the camera. im confused about your idea of mounting from the trunk...could you try to elaborate on that. eD must have just changed the name within the last week because i was just there and it was still the eu700. the rattles are definatly how we mounted them, and not only because of the gaps between the mdf and the rear deck, but mainly because the right speakers mdf is held in with 1 bolt instead of 4 and the left is held in with 2 bolts of 4. im gunna drill some new holes and bolt them in really good and then after xmas when i redo everything im gunna do 1 solid peice of mdf across the whole rear deck

Spyder

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
haha i just had the keys in the trunk cuz i didnt have pockets and needed both hands for the camera. im confused about your idea of mounting from the trunk...could you try to elaborate on that. eD must have just changed the name within the last week because i was just there and it was still the eu700. the rattles are definatly how we mounted them, and not only because of the gaps between the mdf and the rear deck, but mainly because the right speakers mdf is held in with 1 bolt instead of 4 and the left is held in with 2 bolts of 4. im gunna drill some new holes and bolt them in really good and then after xmas when i redo everything im gunna do 1 solid peice of mdf across the whole rear deck
183.jpg

184.jpg

These were done in an accord also. Don't know what year and neither does the installer.
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/userinstall.php?id=17

wg2k7

Reaction score
unfortunatly for me thats in a sedan, looks like a 6th gen. but in my car, unless i modify the rear stability/sway bars that wont work. right now with a peice of 3/4 inch mdf above the rear deck the speakers only have 1/4 inch of clearance over the bars. that does look sweet though

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah that's how i've usually seen speakers fitted too, like spyder posted. to be honest it was the first time I'd seen wg2k7's method but maybe it just won't work for coupes like he said, I dunno.

wg2k7

Reaction score
ran into a new problem today, havent had time to figure it out but might not be good. the amp (****ty boss one) was underpowering the subs to begin with and today while i was driving suddenly i had no bass. i was confused as first, i thought the song just didnt have any bass for a second. but nope, the power light on the amp wasnt on. blown fuse? blown amp? all other connections were still in place. mabye its time to upgrade...already

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
wg, check all the fuses, both inline & on the amp.

if the amp is out in the open, it'd be odd for it to just blow all the sudden (like actually melting). what load are you presenting the amp, and what is it rated for?

Back