cut my 01 grill out..but...

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
so..I thought since i have my Type-R grill from my 99..i want it back on my new bumper.

So i cut the new grill off my freshly painted bumper..then come to see the type-R grill comes no where CLOSE to fitting on the 01 bumper..So i decided to just shave the 01'grill and put the type-r mesh behind it..

but how should i reconnect the grill back to the bumper? ABS cement on the backside of it? I can still put those 3 push clips in..but the grill just falls back..

any input :(

Raymond

Reaction score
I'd say you're pretty screwed. Did you not measure the Type R grille or at least hold it up to the existing grille to make sure the shape was close or anything? You're going to have to so some modification to make it fit, and re-attaching the stock grille is just going to be a pain in the ***. Good luck.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya i held it up and it lookd fine..but then when i cut it off..the type r grill hangs straight..when i guess the 01-02 bumper grill are at an angle...so i have a 3" gap..ha

im about to run to walmart and ABS cement or something to glue the grill back around the cut out...ha

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, youre pretty screwed. the best way to put it back would be to plastic weld it, but there goes the fresh paint.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
it fit my 99 bumper perfect..but check out some pics
Im guess im gonna ride around grill'less for a while.I dont have the ride sandpaper to smooth out the one i cut out,so it looks really bad..ha

But the grill opening is really big compared to the 98-00 one..so maybe i can modify something else to fit in it?
if anything turn into a ricer and put some black mesh up.. :(

this shows a 01-02 accord with the type-r grill..but its probably not real..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

CIMG1356.jpg

CIMG1357.jpg

ha

mild2wildaccord

Reaction score
TIme for bondo and fiberglass. If your good, learn to plastic weld. Other wise to me and your willing to put in the work. It could be done correctly.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I ordered some black bumper mesh.Im gonna put behind it.gonna be a different look.
Looked at Nittanys1 accord pics; and his looks good with mesh grill.

Thinking about putting a small chrome "Turbo" emblem on the lower corner after its done..

I know yall probably wont like the idea.but o well..a mess-up i did..ha

Back