Cylinder Positioning Sensor Code. Help!

Ped

Reaction score
I've had an accord that I got back from a tranny shop that kept my car for about a year cause they did bait and switch pricing on me on tranny diagnostics. Anywho I eventually paid the crooks and got my car back and i had an array of problems. I've fixed most of them...Replaced vtec solenoid, oil pressure switch, front bearings, radiator, belts, plugs, plug wires, knock sensor was broken clean in half when i got the car back(replaced), pcv valve/grommet, tranny rebuild of course. Now that I've given a little bit of history...

I've got a couple small issues left. I'm now throwing a code for Cylinder Positioning Sensor. From what I'm understanding it can be anything from my distributor, alternator, or ECM. ECM seems to be working fine on everything else, alternator tested good. I've also understood it could be wiring...Sometimes not always the car will hesitate upon acceleration and the code is usually thrown only after driving for a while. Before i spend another 75-100 on a distributor I need to know if that should solve my problem. The sensor is located IN the distributor. The issue is intermittent.

Another issue needing to be addressed is my factory keyless. I plan on replacing it with a aftermarket alarm eventually but in the meantime its very annoying. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Two faulty acuators were replaced in passenger front and rear and work great now. I need to know where the factory keyless module is and what I can do to fix my problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

98 Accord 2.3L I4 EX Sedan

jaron001

Reaction score
i posted this same question when i first got my car!!! no replys tho :ugh2: if its your cyp replace the distributor

Back