damn headers and nuts

blkdout6

Reaction score
wow i just spent over 3 hours trying to get my factory headers off my v6, 4 nuts are stripped and wont move so now i have new racing headers and cant install them. I'm done with this car ever since i bought it i have had nothing but problems and more crap happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Cut the nuts off, you probably should have a shop install them. Make a F/S thread for ur headers. You really need to use an air rachet or a breaker bar to get exhaust nuts off.

ccordex00

Reaction score
first of all...chill!!! take your time and use plenty of wd40...second...don't install that piece of crap..get some decent headers! it's not like an intake where the filter is what really matters!!! they seem cheesy to me so they'll crack in no time!!
My 2 centS!:peace:

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
headerS? how many ya got? :lolhitting:

but yeaaaah. i feel ya. dont give up on your car. i gave up but after fixing the problems i encountered, i felt better :) i'd rather spend less $$ repairing and getting new parts than getting a new car :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I understand frusterations with working on a car that isn't cooperating with you But think about how hot headers get and how they are exposed to the elements. I guarantee a lot of people have run into your situation. That hardware is going to be rusted as hell, you gotta use the right tools and be patient.

If the nuts are completely stripped now, just grind the nuts down to the bolt or drill them out if you can and go from there. It's fixable man.

finch13

Reaction score
I don't understand how this happens. I just took my header off last night for the first time in the cars history and it came off just fine...

- Use penetrating oil, PB Blaster, or WD-40 and let it soak.
- Use 6-point sockets, not 12.
- Sometimes tightening a little first will make it easier to loosen...

Even if the nut doesn't come off, you should still be able to loosen the stud in the head with the nut on.

Back