Dangerous issue... please help

jgilley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I spent some cash on the car today getting an alignment and a tire replaced.
Ive been noticing, though, that in the rain the rear of my car slides around. Like a LOT. Now, i just got my toe set almost to 0, and my tires are about 40 to 50 percent tread on the rear. I DO have negative camber in the rear, which I suppose could lessen my contact area. Tomorrow i am gonna put my almost new tires on the rear and try it out. Does anyone have some input? Sorry for the trouble, guys i just really don't wanna endanger myself or other drivers.

By the way, I just saw the most badass smiley and I would like to dedicate this to my pal Millz: :canada:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
You are running quite a huge amount of rear negative camber Josh. From what I saw it seemed like you had only 50 to 60% tire contact in the rear. I would bet your huge amount of camber in the rear has something to do with it, if not everything. Maybe grab a camber kit for the rear, pull your fenders out, and run less camber in the rear. Just a thought. Glad the car is coming back together and glad you got the brake rotor and pads situation. I wish I would've been able to get mine to you earlier so I could get them out of my garage :lawl:

Good luck man!

jgilley

Reaction score
You are running quite a huge amount of rear negative camber Josh. From what I saw it seemed like you had only 50 to 60% tire contact in the rear. I would bet your huge amount of camber in the rear has something to do with it, if not everything. Maybe grab a camber kit for the rear, pull your fenders out, and run less camber in the rear. Just a thought. Glad the car is coming back together and glad you got the brake rotor and pads situation. I wish I would've been able to get mine to you earlier so I could get them out of my garage :lawl:

Good luck man!

ummmm about that... i somehow managed to NOT notice that car was 4 lug.:fail: soooooo if you can still get that quote i would be forever thankful

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
LOL ok Josh I will get you the shipping quote tomorrow. Pay that and we are good. Like I said though. Pay the good deed forward sir!

finch13

Reaction score
Got a printout of the new alignment specs?

My car has always been pretty squirrely in the snow until I did the alignment myself and things improved a TON. Things that I found and corrected: ~-0.5-0.6º rear toe, one front wheel had about -0.36º toe. Once I got the toes adjusted, the handling was much, much better and very predictable.

Back