Dashkit?

Snoobly

Reaction score
While we're at it, where's the best place to go through the firewall to run 4ga? Or what's the thought on running it under the car?

I believe i ran mine through where the clutch pedal would be if i had a manual. i wouldn't recommend this if you have a manual though... :D

xx24xx

Reaction score
Looks great. Now all you need to do is DIY blue LEDs to match. :thumbsup:

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Looks great. Now all you need to do is DIY blue LEDs to match. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Should have the cubby this week and will clean it all up. Not sure if I'll do the blue LED's but I have thought about it. I wouldn't touch that until the fall, though. It's been far too hot sitting in my car doing this stuff.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
While we're at it, where's the best place to go through the firewall to run 4ga? Or what's the thought on running it under the car?
theres a spare, unused grommet on autos (as already said) basically on the drivers side, just behind the intake manifold on the 4 cylinders...but you have a leather shift knob so i assume you have a v6...then it would be parallel with the throttle body...ish. stand kinda next to the turn signal area of the headlight and look at the firewall.

under the car, it would need to be protected from abrasion and stuff like that. the grommet is perfect for 4ga so might as well use it...just be careful of the steering column that the wire won't get rubbed by it.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
theres a spare, unused grommet on autos (as already said) basically on the drivers side, just behind the intake manifold on the 4 cylinders...but you have a leather shift knob so i assume you have a v6...then it would be parallel with the throttle body...ish. stand kinda next to the turn signal area of the headlight and look at the firewall.

under the car, it would need to be protected from abrasion and stuff like that. the grommet is perfect for 4ga so might as well use it...just be careful of the steering column that the wire won't get rubbed by it.

Mine is a 4 cyl. 2000 EX with ULEV. I couldn't find the unused grommet, I'll have to look harder. I think I saw where the clutch would go through... is it a diamond shaped punch in the firewall?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ok, on the 4 cylinder, on the driver's side of the intake manifold...see the throttle and cruise cables? they're attached to the manifold by a bracket with 2 bolts. point your finger at the bracket while standing in front of the car and go straight up to the firewall. its just a flat, black, bung. pop it out, cut out the middle...good to roll.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
I finally got everything installed and pretty much set up how I like it. I'm still deciding on speakers for the door. At this point it's looks like it will be Polk db651's but I'm not sure. I also need to swing by a dealer and get some of the interior clips on the some of the dash parts. I have some that are bent.

IMG_0688%20%28Small%29.jpg

IMG_0690%20%28Small%29.jpg

Back