DBW(drive by wire) throttle body

Shadow1

Reaction score
I was looking at my wife's '07 Accord today. Changed the spark plugs and intake filter. Took a look around the engine bay and noticed there's no cable to the throttle body. I realized that the newer Accords are all DBW(Drive by Wire). Didn't really know that. Haven't really looked around about it.

Every time I drove it, I tried to figure out why her car's acceleration is better than mine. So much more immediate. Smooth. Crisp. No lag really. So I wondered, is there any way that I can get that on my CG? Has it been done before? What parts do y'all think would be needed to do this?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
drive by wire is actually worse than a normal throttle cable. i'll take the cable any day over dbw. it was probably just in your head. or because the 7g you drove has a little more power than your 6g and isn't as worn out either. with all the 7g's i've driven, i've never noticed the dbw to be better than a real cable.

but, if you want to, go for it :ugh: have fun with the wiring and figuring out how to computerize it...and link it into your oem ecu. that sounds like a headache just typing it out haha.

Shadow1

Reaction score
drive by wire is actually worse than a normal throttle cable. i'll take the cable any day over dbw. it was probably just in your head. or because the 7g you drove has a little more power than your 6g and isn't as worn out either. with all the 7g's i've driven, i've never noticed the dbw to be better than a real cable.

but, if you want to, go for it :ugh: have fun with the wiring and figuring out how to computerize it...and link it into your oem ecu. that sounds like a headache just typing it out haha.

Lol. Didn't really think too much about that. Haha. And it is true that the 7th gen has more power and in better condition. Hers has 119k on her K series while I have 190k on my F series. I'll probably take my throttle body off and clean it really good. Adjust the throttle cable. I like the immediate response the 7th gen has. I tired tightening my throttle cable but for some odd reason its acting up. Idling too low at lights or when I'm slowing down.

I just a little better throttle response out of my CG.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Intake + header + high flow cat + bigger cat back piping. That'll get you better throttle response. Otherwise, you'll have to start doing power upgrades.

DBW is actually more delayed than cable. I like the tighter feeling of my cable throttle

Shadow1

Reaction score
Intake + header + high flow cat + bigger cat back piping. That'll get you better throttle response. Otherwise, you'll have to start doing power upgrades.

DBW is actually more delayed than cable. I like the tighter feeling of my cable throttle

Yeah. Gonna start with an intake. What about the exhaust? 2.25in from the cat back be OK?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Lol. Didn't really think too much about that. Haha. And it is true that the 7th gen has more power and in better condition. Hers has 119k on her K series while I have 190k on my F series. I'll probably take my throttle body off and clean it really good. Adjust the throttle cable. I like the immediate response the 7th gen has. I tired tightening my throttle cable but for some odd reason its acting up. Idling too low at lights or when I'm slowing down.

I just a little better throttle response out of my CG.

mine did the same thing when i tightened up the cable after i bought it. it was the slightest bit too tight. just keep backing it off a little until it runs alright. you could also probably use a whole intake manifold cleaning...i'm sure i need it too, but i couldn't care less :lawl: i tend to go by if it's not broke don't fix it :lawl:

eh, not entirely. with my old accord, i had a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust, with the stock cat and header. it didn't have a resonator on the cat back, just went straight to the muffler with 2.25" piping, and it actually slowed down more after i put the cat back on, lost a bunch of low end torque too. that's why i kept the oem exhaust on this accord, also because i don't need it to be noisy either :lawl: the intake is all the engine sound i need haha.

Shadow1

Reaction score
mine did the same thing when i tightened up the cable after i bought it. it was the slightest bit too tight. just keep backing it off a little until it runs alright. you could also probably use a whole intake manifold cleaning...i'm sure i need it too, but i couldn't care less :lawl: i tend to go by if it's not broke don't fix it :lawl:

eh, not entirely. with my old accord, i had a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust, with the stock cat and header. it didn't have a resonator on the cat back, just went straight to the muffler with 2.25" piping, and it actually slowed down more after i put the cat back on, lost a bunch of low end torque too. that's why i kept the oem exhaust on this accord, also because i don't need it to be noisy either :lawl: the intake is all the engine sound i need haha.

Lol. I don't think I'll be doing a full exhaust. Probably just remove the two mufflers and add on a duel tip muffler. Has an 2.5in inlet. Not looking to have it too loud tho. Just ordered the intake.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wouldn't do any exhaust, as i've done with this one. the stock one is the best, it's quiet and gives the most usable power from the stock engine, from my experience :lawl:

Shadow1

Reaction score
i wouldn't do any exhaust, as i've done with this one. the stock one is the best, it's quiet and gives the most usable power from the stock engine, from my experience :lawl:

Makes me wonder why the pink laughy faces. Lol.

I don't want quiet. But I don't want loud. A nice deep rumble is what I'm looking for.

But as far as the throttle thing. I really wish the was a simpler way of doing it. I could always swap in a K series I guess. Lol.

Back