DC Sports or XSPower Headers?

matt10084

Reaction score
Dunno why I was thinking head gaskets specifically..
The gaskets, you know what I mean.

But yeah. Just doesn't really seem worth the time and effort to be honest.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Interesting...

Thanks for the input everyone.

To be honest though, if there's really little to no performance gain worth noting, I won't spend the money for them. Especially if blown gaskets are as common as it seems with them.

The only things I've done to this car is DC Sports CAI and removed the end mufflers. Gives a subtle/non-ricey exhaust note.

Just kinda sucks there's not many cost-effective applications for squeezing some good power out of the J30A1..

The J30 is a low compression motor built for economy, so it just doesn't respond much to bolt-ons, etc. Some have swapped cams and the IM from a J32, but any gains are still minimal. The best way to get more power from this V6 is to swap to a manual transmission, but not everyone can take that on as it is involving and expensive.

If you do get headers, which will most be just for looks/sound, just get OEM gaskets as mentioned above and you'll be fine.

Headers do not effect head gaskets.

He was talking about the gaskets within the header assembly itself.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ah.

Head flange gaskets:
Real Honda is way better, one of my tests will be my original OEM, already used gaskets. I'll update with how that goes.

The downpipe gasket sucks! I have found copper gaskets, that are probly WAY more durable. The local Advanced has them in stock, so I'll check fitment before I buy them. I'll update that also.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ive heard the XS Headers sold through SSautoChrome is actually either not XS Power, or just junk. I got a PM from someone on here that said the inlet and pipe diameters are much smaller than the stock J32 manifold.

Back