ddmtuning kit bnib not working?

blankkoop

Reaction score
i just got these yesterday and i tried to turn them on but theyre not coming on... the packing wasnt the greatest to say the least...

is there something special im suppose to do before i plug them in... ive done a few factory hid swaps from nissan bmw n benz into hondas', and when u plug them in they work...this is my first time ever buying 1 of these aftermarket kits...

did they send me BS?

10/8 update

one plug didnt work so i cut it off and spliced the wires... now my only issue is i need a relay harness since both lights dont always come on at once... all in all... theyre decent for $46 shipped(packing could be beter but nothing was broken so...)

Last edited:

blankkoop

Reaction score
i tried using raw wire to the battery and switching it both ways and nothing....

now i find this review thread on yelp thats up to date and stating that these people know they sell garbage and dont want to honor warranty....

if i get it to work im just gonna sell them and go back to my good ole (4yr old)nissan setup...nothing like factory...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This will sound dumb, but are you sure you hooked everything up properly? Or did you try switching the bulb to the other ballast, etc? I've had my DDM kit in for over a year and I wouldn't buy anything else.

itzcharlie

Reaction score
This will sound dumb, but are you sure you hooked everything up properly? Or did you try switching the bulb to the other ballast, etc? I've had my DDM kit in for over a year and I wouldn't buy anything else.

+1 ive had mine for over a year too and they work great! they honored my warranty when my bulb went out and shipped me a new set

blankkoop

Reaction score

black/blue wires run from car to ballast(box w DDM logo) -ballast to igniter(guessing thats what its called) - black/red wires out igniter to bulb..

doesnt come w/ directions but figure theyre all the same, right?

+1 ive had mine for over a year too and they work great! they honored my warranty when my bulb went out and shipped me a new set

gonna play w/ it some more and i hope if i have to send back that they dont make it a one time experience because i was about to order a set for the fogs..do they pay shipping?

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
try using zipties on all the connecters to hold them on snug, double check your wiring. mine came with instructions, they have install guides on there website. do you have the relay harness? my problem was loose wiring not all the way clipped in, after that no problems and they do honor their warranty ive called in aslong as its a defect with the product like a ballast or bulb they will swap it out.

blankkoop

Reaction score
guess i was tired last nigh... got them working...it was the plug that connects to factory bulb, i cut it off and made some pins for now...

new issue...when i turn them on, one or the other wont come on so i have to turn off the light switch then turn on again... usually takes 2-3 tries for both sides to be on a the same time...

Back