Dealer: Magnaflow

confuseid

Reaction score
I'm getting a Magnaflow exhaust soon, I've searched around and found massively good prices on Greddy Evo2 ($600 bucks PLUS install), but I simply can't afford it.

I'm aiming for the $350-$400 price range, which I will be getting either from eBay or this dealer I just spoke with.

Reason for the post:

The dealer told me he could make different styles of Magnaflow exhausts for my system.
I have never heard of this before. I thought Magnaflow catback exhaust only made one style.
This would mean that he's making it, and not Magnaflow?
What the **** would I be paying $375 dollars for then?

I asked if he used the same materials: Stainless steel, mandrel bent, all that shnazz. He kept saying it was Magnaflow though.

What do you guys think? I'm cautious about it. He wants me to come to the shop in the morning.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya u should find a lil more info about it first. sounds like hes trying to use materials to kinda forge one together LMFAO. o_O

HomerJay

Reaction score
Magnaflow sells mufflers as well as catback exhaust systems. The catback system they sell is designed for the sedan. From others here, I've found out the only difference is that the plain pipe needs to be cut down a few inches (the end in the red box):

20080713-01.jpg

The catback system includes an inline resonator and all the pipe is mandrel bent to fit our cars (well, the sedan...for now).

From the sounds of it, the dealer is going to fabricate the piping for you and weld on a Magnaflow exhaust at the end. Other than the single cut (for coupes), a system is a bolt-on mod.

The systems are only offered with one exhaust tip style. If you want a Magnaflow exhaust but want a different tip, the only way would be to have the pipes fabricated by a shop.

Last edited:

confuseid

Reaction score
That's totally unecessary then. I can just get the normal one from the store.
Why would he want to make one...then call it Magnaflow. weird people.

The reason I don't want to drive to the shop tomorrow is because my license is suspended for another 3 weeks. :(

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^

Double -_- .

Exhaust...good way to not draw attention from the popo's after having your license suspended once already.

confuseid

Reaction score
Lol.
Its been like 8 years and I still have the stock one. It's all rusty and ugly and gross.

Plus when the engine starts I've seen it wobble. I think the hangers might be a little loose. Too ghettofied for me.
That's why I'm upgrading. You're right though goldnknight lol.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
What he is doing isn't shady. He is Magnaflow dealer and he is going to build you a custom exhaust. Magnaflow has a TON of different options when it comes to resonators, mufflers, tip, etc.

By him building you a custom Magnaflow setup you will be able to choose your resonator (if you want one), what ever muffler you want, and what ever tips you want. (Make sure he's using a mandrel for the bends).

Or you can just buy the pre-built system from magnaflow, that looks just like everyone elses.

Either way, you're probably looking at just about the same price.

If it were me, I'd go custom.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
when it comes time for an exhaust, im going to have my buddy do it. cl-s muffler, 20" resonator, custom piping.

if you cant find what you want, the only way to do it is make it...

FooseShelby65

Reaction score
I would say take a look and if you don't like what hes gonna do don't do it. You have nothing to lose, its not like you signed a contract. What is the worst that can happen?

Back