Decision on fogs

Raul

Reaction score
I have an HID kit for my fogs, to each their own.

I spotted a car the other day with HID yellows for the fogs and low beams.

There are a few different options you can consider, but if you want to get a look at a setup in person, then check the West Meet as suggested.

Is that legal? I just want to try it and see how it looks.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Muhib,

Technically, I don't think it is, but the yellow lights aren't used on any other vehicle, so I don't know that the person would be issued a ticket for that.

I am sure there is an officer out there that would ticket them, but it's not the first care I have seen with that setup.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
Yellow fogs, ftw! I have regular halogens in my fogs with yellow lenses and 6000K 55W HIDs in my low beams. I think the regular halogens put out a decent amount of light--I've had people ask me if they were HIDs because they said they were bright, but I think they're pretty average.

2ufrtqt.jpg

This was before I got my new all chrome housings, but the fogs are no different.
x2vs7p.jpg

Last edited:

F350spyder

Reaction score
I would just get a plug n play 3000k HID kit for the fogs. They're about as cheap as 2 sets of yellow halogen bulbs that you'll end up going through anyways. Might was well get the better light output out of it anyways.

Override

Reaction score
Yellow fogs, ftw! I have regular halogens in my fogs with yellow lenses and 6000K 55W HIDs in my low beams. I think the regular halogens put out a decent amount of light--I've had people ask me if they were HIDs because they said they were bright, but I think they're pretty average.

nice setup! just wondering how do those halogens look in the daytime? do you use them as DRL? i want them to stand out from the stock fogs that come on cars.

blackcord

Reaction score
I got 35W HID 5K for my lows and yellow halogen bulbs in my fogs. To be honest with you, output on my fogs sucks, but the reason could be that they are non-oem brand (they are just oem style).

We usually have a biweekly Toronto east meet if you are interested in checking these out. http://www.torontoaccords.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63769

Next scheduled meet should be next week Wednesday. You should join us if you can.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
nice setup! just wondering how do those halogens look in the daytime? do you use them as DRL? i want them to stand out from the stock fogs that come on cars.

Thanks man. I have the fogs spliced into my parking light wires, so they come on with my parking lights. And I use them as driving lights pretty much during the day. But they definitely stand out and people notice them. I get some gawkers ^_^ haha

Here's what they look like during the day:
24yz3v6.jpg

Override

Reaction score
I got 35W HID 5K for my lows and yellow halogen bulbs in my fogs. To be honest with you, output on my fogs sucks, but the reason could be that they are non-oem brand (they are just oem style).

We usually have a biweekly Toronto east meet if you are interested in checking these out. http://www.torontoaccords.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63769

Next scheduled meet should be next week Wednesday. You should join us if you can.

yeah man i would but im an undergrad at UofT lol hectic schedule. im gonna keep up with the threads though

-bl-

Reaction score
i don't know if you ended up buying any yet but i would say go with the HIDs, my brother bought some jdm fogs for his civic and they were yellow lenses but he put in 6000k HIDs so the colour was green, it looks really neat! anyways im recommending them because from what i've seen i don't think they are overly bright i think they are just right, especially if you have HIDs already in your car as your low beams.

Back