Deleted my powersteering (pics)

finch13

Reaction score
You have to loop the lines because the pressure builds up and you cannot steer past like one full turn or so.

Looping and teeing into the reservoir allows all air and fluid to puke into the tank when the pressure rises and keep the rack fully lubricated.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
What's the reason for the fittings, elbows and clamps? Can't you just remove the components and be done? I did read in Badgers thread that you need to look the line to the R&P so it doesn't run dry but i would assume that to be cake and not as complicated as it's being described here.....

I thought about removing my PS but friends and wife convinced me otherwise....:madrun:

I will be taking out my cruise components though, they don't work after my swap anyway and i wanna clean up my bay :ugh2:

Good, removing your PS is just.....ugghhhhhh :confused:

Theory208

Reaction score
What's the reason for the fittings, elbows and clamps? Can't you just remove the components and be done? I did read in Badgers thread that you need to look the line to the R&P so it doesn't run dry but i would assume that to be cake and not as complicated as it's being described here.....
I suppose you could just loop the lines, but I figured in theory, the less fluid you would have to move, the easier it would be to turn the wheel. I put the resivour behind the block for looks also. Over kill? probably, but it all good.

finch13

Reaction score
what are the actual benefits of taking this off?? i just don't see the purpose haha

Little to none, just like an intake! :lawl: Maybe 4hp... at the crank?

Good, removing your PS is just.....ugghhhhhh :confused:

I did it for the feel, not for any performance aspect (it does seem a bit more happy to rev, but that's probably the lightweight flywheels fault :p), plus it cleans up the bay a bit.

After I blew the pressure side off my 5th gen and got used to driving without P/S I just stuck with it because it feels more responsive.

Back