Did oil change now a tiny leak on passenger side.

maximus2k

Reaction score
Recently did an oil/ oil filter change and now theres a tiny leak somewhere coming down from the front passenger side. I let the oil drain while the front of the car was raised. Will the effect how much oil will be drain b/c I only got about 4 quartz of oil drained. I still refill the new oil with 5 quartz but my dipstick reading has always been really hard to read cause theres a streak of oil whenever you pull it out. No matter how much oil I have in the car, there will be a streak of oil above the top hole on the dipstick.

Checked the oil plug and oil filter and doesn't seem to be any oil leaking from there.

Last edited:

mx5kev

Reaction score
Are you sure? Try to change your seal on your oil plug, it's likely to come from there.

maximus2k

Reaction score
Are you sure? Try to change your seal on your oil plug, it's likely to come from there.

There's a seal on the oil plug? I used a new washer if thats what you mean. I did have to use a dremel to cut out the old washer cause the last person that did the oil change used a ton of torque to tighten the bolt and it welded the washer onto the drain plug. Washer was like a pancake stuck onto the drain plug...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
that washer is aluminum
it is a seal
it is to be replaced every time

what is it leaking from, I4.V6

maximus2k

Reaction score
that washer is aluminum
it is a seal
it is to be replaced every time

what is it leaking from, I4.V6

Yeah. I replaced it with a new one. Its a 4 cylinder. It seems to be dripping from the passenger side though and the drain plug and oil filter are on the driver side. The dripping stain on the ground is directly under the front passenger side.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
start with yellow loop, towards the top front, then look top & bottom, wash if dirty.

Back