Diff. Size tires

DXaccorD

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question. How much damage to my drivetrain would i be causing with different sized tires? Say for example:

fronts: 205/45/r17
Rear: 215/50/r17

That or something a tiny bit larger for the backs. I know some people on here have different sized tires but i searched and did not find too much on this... looked online as well and got some answers but thought mine as well ask the people who drive the same car as me :)

Thanks!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might look wierd, - rwd staggered setup on fwd car - Doubt you're going to cause any drivetrain damage.

DXaccorD

Reaction score
yea thats what i thought, but i dont want to put 205/45/r17's on the back because they will be stretched and i dont want to deal with that again and there almost brand new so i dont want to buy four new tires....

anyone else?

DXaccorD

Reaction score
im not sure of the width, its 17" (obviously) and the front tires (205/45/r17's are a little stretched on the rims.

Accord281

Reaction score
215/50 would have a much larger sidewall than 205/45. I do not recommend this as you'll catch hell for it. But it won't do any damage to the car.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I think it would be important to know how wide your wheels are... :thinking:

If your fronts are 205/45 and they are more stretched than you'd like, then just bump it to a 215/45 if you really want to. Not that big of a difference, and it's not on the driving wheels so it doesn't affect speedo or anything like that anyways.

DXaccorD

Reaction score
i would, but that means replacing two perfectly good tires in front that i dont feel like going through the hassle of selling. But i guess i dont want it looking stupid with the 205's in front and 215's in back but from seeing other wheels on the site here they arn't that big of a difference in size if im not mistaken

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
im gonna guess and just say theyre 7" wide, since most 17's are. tho it should say somewhere on the back of the wheel.

but if theyre 7" wide, a 205 tire should be straight with the wheel and not stretched. a 215 would be more balloonish on the wheel.

DXaccorD

Reaction score
ok thanks. Im hoping if i do get two more at a width of 205 the guy at the shop can put them on ok.

Back