DIY 01-03 JDM Civic Fog Lights

ckinne

Reaction score
I am taking pictures tomorrow so will show how I put mine together since I was the first one to actually wire it myself.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i think you read my question wrong. I don't want my fogs to flash because i have hid bulbs in there. So I'm trying to find something to tap my fogs into that will NOT make my fogs flash but go on when my corners are on, besides low beam and high beam.

This is just a theory, but if you connect your fog switch to an accessory wire that doesn't have power when the car is off, then there shouldn't be any power when you use keyless entry. you should be able to flash your keyless lights and still be able to use your foglights seperately. I haven't tried it yet, cause mine is the same way with my oem switch.

ckinne

Reaction score
I don't have the OEM switch because I didn't feel like it was necessary. Tapping into the low beams will have the same amount of output as it would if you have the foglights hooked up to the OEM switch in your car.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
i got the oem switch because i got tired of looking at the blank spot next to my cruise switch. i like things to look modified, but stock at the same time.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
i got the oem switch because i got tired of looking at the blank spot next to my cruise switch. i like things to look modified, but stock at the same time.

+1.

i posted up installation pics a couple pages back, or check my members ride cuz i put the pics in there too.... but i never finished wiring... choi is gonna pickup the slack for me now...

but basically if you get a cheapy autozone harness its easy to figure out... or just tap into your headlights.

deucescorner

Reaction score
other than the switch from honda(or wherever) what else is necessary for the install that doesn't come with the ebay kit?

ckinne

Reaction score
That is it. The kit actually comes with a switch but it is for 01-03 civics and wont fit in the spot where our foglight switch is supposed to go.

ckinne

Reaction score
tasauto.com has the OEM fog light switch. I hope that helped.

Back