DIY 10minute Transmission Flush

dbang

Reaction score
Great video I just watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdPAadc9fY

In the top comment, someone said something about the filter for the shift solenoid, does that apply to us? Let me know if there's anything else I need to know to flush the tranny. I've also heard people flush 3x+, would that be necessary?

I'm driving a 99 accord 2dr v6 if that makes a difference

I also came across this which kinda scares me now..

"transmission fluid changes in viscosity as it ages. The old fluid embeds in the clutches and may not mix well with the new. Completely replacing transmission fluid that's been in the car for more than 60,000 miles or so could result in burnt clutches and complete transmission failure."

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Do not flush, do drain and fill 3x times using only OEM Honda ATFDw1 with 1 or 2 days of driving in between each drain/fill. Then simply drain and fill your tranny fluid 1x at least once a year. If you want to do more, get a tranny cooler installed and do not floor the car like you stole it.

While what the person in the video did is going an extra step, i'd stick to drain/fill as there's no chance for you to fawk up and run the transmission low/no fluid if you cannot fill as fast as it spews out.

Great video I just watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdPAadc9fY

In the top comment, someone said something about the filter for the shift solenoid, does that apply to us? Let me know if there's anything else I need to know to flush the tranny. I've also heard people flush 3x+, would that be necessary?

I'm driving a 99 accord 2dr v6 if that makes a difference

I also came across this which kinda scares me now..

"transmission fluid changes in viscosity as it ages. The old fluid embeds in the clutches and may not mix well with the new. Completely replacing transmission fluid that's been in the car for more than 60,000 miles or so could result in burnt clutches and complete transmission failure."

Last edited:
Back