DIY: "Black chrome" and carbon fiber front emblem

HomerJay

Reaction score
BTW, not true. You should be able to use a ratchet and get that off, that's all I needed, I didn't need to remover the whole bumper....:hide:

Pretty sure, cantaffordaccord, didn't need to remove his bumper either.

Oh yeah, he and I are the other's that I know of that have already done the CF back plates! :hihi:
To be honest, I didn't even try to remove it without taking off the bumper. I had to remove the bumper to replace the washer hose so it was no biggie...:)

I didn't mean to suggest I was the first to do this. I was inspired by the "ebay" style emblems. I just wanted a non-chrome "H".

Thanks for all the comments, guys!...:beer:

Now if only the spring would roll around so I can install the rear emblems and the eyelids...:D

i did this except i did white backing and black logo which looks real good

That sounds nice, too. What color is your car? I was also thinking of black logos but my car is nighthawk black pearl so I wanted to try the "tint" first so it would be non-chrome and not quite as dark as my car.

Last edited:

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
my car is white so it kinda looks like a black emblem straitght on my white bumper. also i debadged my trunk and painted the H logo black too

HomerJay

Reaction score
my car is white so it kinda looks like a black emblem straitght on my white bumper. also i debadged my trunk and painted the H logo black too
Sounds slick!

I wanted to debadge the "ACCORD" on the back but my paint is damaged enough that you can see the emblem is missing...:mad: The "ACCORD" I painted is a new replacement which comes complete with new adhesive.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Sounds slick!

I wanted to debadge the "ACCORD" on the back but my paint is damaged enough that you can see the emblem is missing...:mad: The "ACCORD" I painted is a new replacement which comes complete with new adhesive.

Wow, I'm in the exact same situation as you...I have to put the emblems back on, so I'm going to be spraying them gunmetal. Sucks...my paint was effed up too underneathe.

HomerJay

Reaction score
Wow, I'm in the exact same situation as you...I have to put the emblems back on, so I'm going to be spraying them gunmetal. Sucks...my paint was effed up too underneathe.
Now that I've had the tinted (Testor's spray tint) and clear coat for a while, I'm starting to notice chips...:(

I think once spring rolls around, I'm going to repaint my emblems with Duplicolor's satin black wheel paint instead (w/ clear for final coat as described here):

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheel.html

I really like the carbon fiber so at least that won't need to be redone. I also haven't reinstalled the rear emblems so it's easy enough to change colors now.

I don't know if the graphite wheel paint would qualify as gun metal but I would assume it's probably better for chip resistance than normal paints.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
yeah graphite/gunmetal whatever. that wheel paint would be what i'd use. :)

let me know how your emblems turn out if you re-do them? :thumbsup:

Back