DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

2kaccord

Reaction score
Thank you, sir! Gonna get the car on a rack next weekend and will post some pics after I finish!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Or any other struts that do not have adjustable perches for height. i.e. KYB GR2, Tokico Blues, etc. If you have Koni Yellows or KYB AGX or similar, you can just adjust the perches.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
^Or any other struts that do not have adjustable perches for height. i.e. KYB GR2, Tokico Blues, etc. If you have Koni Yellows or KYB AGX or similar, you can just adjust the perches.

With the yellows you can adjust it enough to remove the spacing? Sweet!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
You don't have to modify your fork. I guess it's easyer to remove the rings. Moreover, you can undo it if you want.

The rings come down easy, if you hit them a few times.

I did it this way and it worked well.

Reaction score
First you have to remove the fork.

Then take a hammer and hit the red marked ring from above until it comes off.

This ring is not welded, it will come off without cutting something.

After that you can reinstall the fork without this "spacer-ring".

The good thing is, that in this variant the fork is still in original condition and you could reassemble the rings if you want.

I hope this idea will help people who want to do that.

greetings from switzerland

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
For those that did this mod with tokico illuminas, did you grind the fork or the shock? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they only did the shock but the pics are gone and it's hard to visualize when I look at mine.

At the same time, if I just grind the fork, it doesn't look like there will be much material left. If anybody with illuminas could post a pic of what they did I'd appreciate it. I'd like to install these in the next couple weeks and I have a spare set of forks to grind on!
Thanks!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks civic-vti-type! I didn't think this was a method, but I guess it is! After all these years lol.

Hopefully it's not exclusive to overseas (European) models, I'd like to see someone try this on OEM USDM struts...

Back