DIY CCFL parking light (lots of pics)

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
ya I did white. I keep having problems with them though, another one of my tubes went out so I've decided to say **** em and switch to the side emitting led's from oznium cause then I don't have to deal with the stupid transformers blowing. I love my ccfl's when they work right but i just keep having bad luck with them.

not trying to discourage you from doing them btw, cause plenty of other people have had them without problems.

edit: jk lol it was just my wiring, cause they're working fine now! I'm uploading some new pics of my current lighting set-up now. They'll be in the first post. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
word let me know if you have any trouble. I'm also going to update this with some more wiring info cause I ended up going back and soldering the ccfl straight to the transformer since the plugs that come on it are really ****ty and the wire's pull out of them really easy. I'm also going to go back at some point and solder the power cables to the transformer as well but I have to find some type of quick release connector first so I don't have to undo my wire's any time I need to take my headlights out.

that might not make sense now cause I'm not really sure how I'm going to do it but once I figure it out I'll clear it up with some pictures.

Back