DIY Coilover help

chriskarel

Reaction score
ok wait. So, if you alter the top 2 rings before installation, it voids the warranty. But if you play with them after installation, it's ok? I mean, that's the only way to adjust the height after the install right?

I guess the simple picture from earlier is no good then.

Johnson

Reaction score
ok wait. So, if you alter the top 2 rings before installation, it voids the warranty. But if you play with them after installation, it's ok? I mean, that's the only way to adjust the height after the install right?

I guess the simple picture from earlier is no good then.

2581fk8.jpg

As stated in the picture you never touch the top two (A) before or after installation.There is no need to touch them at all to lower and raise it. To lower and raise you use the bottom collars (C) and (B). Look at the picture again.. There is no other way in explaining it better.

chriskarel

Reaction score
but then why do they give you wrenches to adjust section A? And how do you adjust the height after install? You can't spin B after it's installed, or am I wrong?

hirichard

Reaction score
Wow i was going to ask the same question... So when you want to adjust the height u have to jack the car up rite?

Yeah

jackin my pics, haha.​
Sorry, haha when you posted it I was saving it for this reason. Nice title for it btw "you_damn_noobs" haha

but then why do they give you wrenches to adjust section A? And how do you adjust the height after install? You can't spin B after it's installed, or am I wrong?

It's for C if I'm wrong, someone correct me please. I have coil over sleeves so mine are different. And you loosen C to adjust B, then when you're at the height you want, tighten C.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score

Just dont do it bro. You adjust the height by removing the bottom bolt and therefor you can twist B.

Back